Breeding Clownfish

Heater, air pump and air stone. That's all you need for the first 3-4 weeks. After that, you'll need an established filter, either a sponge filter or a HOB filter works fine. Keep the tank bare.

any specific lighting needed or can any light do? ive also wondered about taking sheets of thin plastic/acrylic and making many dividers and sectioning off a 55 gallon into different stages and drilling tiny holes all throughout the sheeting to circulate everything. would this work or would there be problems with this idea?

Lighting can be basic fluorescent. Nothing fancy.

I started off by taking 20g long tanks and dividing them in three with acrylic. Each section is plumbed separately which gives me the flexibility to not only use them for the parents, but also for the fry.

I would not recommend a 55 given its height, however, I'm a big fan of using what you have and making it work.

Get a black rubber tub for larvae. I am having much better luck than I ever did with a blacked out rectangle glass tank. Google "fishtal propagations", he has a great site that explains breeding in detail.

Back