Brock's SC Aquariums 80 Gallon Build

I use either io or red sea coral pro. But heard great things about the tropic Marin pro. Leonards giving it a try and heard that's the salt they use at quality marine.

I use either io or red sea coral pro. But heard great things about the tropic Marin pro. Leonards giving it a try and heard that's the salt they use at quality marine.
If I'm not mistaken, Scott Feldman told me it was his salt of choice at the last swap at Daves

I can't seem to keep my Alk up consistently. I am using baking soda to boost it up. It will not stay above 7 for more than one day. Any suggestions on how to keep it above 8?

Thanks Kenny!!! Hope to make you and my other mentors proud [emoji106][emoji106]

Nah, dude. I am just like everyone else, struggling to keep everything alive.

To raise alk, I've always just used Seachem alkalinity buffer. It takes a while for the level to stay up though. Not sure if you are running any kind of ca or kalk reactors but those have always help me in maintaining the levels.

Nah, dude. I am just like everyone else, struggling to keep everything alive.

To raise alk, I've always just used Seachem alkalinity buffer. It takes a while for the level to stay up though. Not sure if you are running any kind of ca or kalk reactors but those have always help me in maintaining the levels.

I just put my calcium reactor online the other day. Calcium is at 430 as of last test Sunday.

Another question/issue.....
I have a tunze osmillator for my ATO. It turns on every minute or so. Is this normal ? I can't think that my tank evaporates that fast!! Any ideas?

Another question/issue.....
I have a tunze osmillator for my ATO. It turns on every minute or so. Is this normal ? I can't think that my tank evaporates that fast!! Any ideas?

This can happen if there is a lot of surface water movement at the sensor. Just check the water level at the sensor. If it's right at the bottom of the sensor, then it's working fine. But if it's well above the sensor bottom tip, then it's probably malfunctioning.

Wish I could get rid of this nasty brown stringy algae!! Doin my weekly water changes. Purchased crabs and snails. Scrubbed the rock. Nothing seems to help.

I'm struggling to keep my Alk up. I have my calcium reactor online and the effluent is at almost a steady stream. Any suggestions? I'm also using Seachem Reef Carbonate to give a slight boost but the Alk levels go back down a day later.

Brock what is the PH coming out of or inside your reactor. I suspect you have too much flow. also what Is your Mag level? Low mag can make it hard to maintain you ALK. What salt are you using. Some like ocean are very low in Alk.

Brock what is the PH coming out of or inside your reactor. I suspect you have too much flow. also what Is your Mag level? Low mag can make it hard to maintain you ALK. What salt are you using. Some like ocean are very low in Alk.

Hey Steve. I'm using Instant Ocean per recommendations of others. The PH in the reactor fluctuates between 6.5 and 6.9 and sometimes 7.0. When u say flow, do you mean the effluent drip rate? I checked mag and last time it was 1450. I haven't checked in a week or so tho.

Back