Brock's SC Aquariums 80 Gallon Build

744c78380ea59ace31aa5efe94faf91a.jpg

Still pretty empty but gettin better I hope.

I have the aquamaxx s1 calcium reactor. I'm trying to keep the internal ph between 6.5-6.8 per the manual. How is this achieved? Do I increase the bubble rate? Doing this seems to be too fast! Or do I slow down the effluent rate? Will this have an adverse affect on my Alk and Calcium levels ?

Brock's SC Aquariums 80 Gallon Build

Are you feeding the reactor or letting it vacuum water up

Cylix
I'm having an issue of too much air getting trapped in the reactor which causes an annoying noise. I was gravity feeding the reactor but just changed to an aqualifter but that hasn't helped. Have you experienced this or know of any fixes ?

https://vimeo.com/137076807

Last edited:
Hmmm. Could be to much CO2. Open up the effluent a little more to see what happens. I try to have 1 bubble every 2 seconds and the drip should be to the point where it's just to the point where it's too fast to count each drop. Then all you have to do is adjust accordingly to your tanks demand.

I think I got it corrected. I opened the effluent a tad bit. Thanks Fishybeaner. I also opened the reactor to let the air out and then refilled reactor. Thanx Richard aka Ricardo aka wishintoboutside!!!

Back