Broke my glass outer OF box

treesprite

I had to move my tank, and in the process I broke my outer overflow box, which was glass and was attached to the tank with silicone around the perimeter of the box. This is the outer box with 3 hole in the bottom for BA plumbing; the inner box is a prefab low profile acrylic box.

Does anyone know where or how I can get a new box without DIYing it myself? I just moved and don't even have my tools and stuff moved yet, and my family will have a fit if I do this right after getting in the new place.

My holes weren't drilled by a specific overflow template, so even if I took out my internal box to get to the bulkheads, my holes won't match a prefabricated design that attaches via bulkheads. I don't think I have a choice about the box being glass.

The guy that makes Exotic Marine Systems overflows may be able to help. He has been known to customize his boxes to match the bulkhead cutout holes of other overflow box manufacturers. Perhaps if you provided him with your bulkhead layout, he could fabricate an exterior box for you, Definitely worth a try...

https://www.exoticmarinesystems.com/

Back