Brown Jelly Disease

chevy4w

Brown Jelly Disease has hit my Duncan. This stuff is bad a** stuff. It eats the flesh of the coral right down to the skeleton. It's quick too, doesn't waste any time. I tried to cut away the "sick" heads but it's spreading just the same.
I dipped the coral twice in MediCoral so far and put it in the QT.
Not looking good for this coral. I now see other corals in my tank staying closed like my Duncan did prior to me discovering what is was and I'm afraid it's going to go right through the entire tank.(?)
Wondering if anyone has experienced this nasty stuff and what you did to stop it, if you did in fact stop it. I'd appreciate any input.

Sorry to hear. Ran into the same issue with my torch last month. Good advice as mentioned to siphon off the jelly as often as possible and frag. I lost about 1/3 of it and it did spread to one acan frag and kill it. Some other softies were irritated by the issues but recovered fine.

Good luck!

I have no idea for sure how it entered the tank but the link in the post above suggests fresh water which leads me to wonder about how I rinse my test kit tubes(API)in between tests and BRS dual reactor with tap water when I change out the media. Is this a bad practice and if so how is the correct way to rinse?

siphon off the jelly, then put the coral in gentle but direct flow on the wounded part, this will help keep the jelly from spreading.

Back