brown stuff with pics

supernareg

so this brown / bronze looking stuff decided to take over my powerhead and my rocks n stuff. i have some brown / green algae or diatoms on my sandbed.

is this a cycle? this is in the tank that the ammonia was really high. its a mature tank, i dont know why its cycling?

P4250312.jpg

P4250311.jpg

P4250310.jpg

P4250309.jpg

If it's stringy w/ air bubbles in it then it's probably a dino bloom.

Ozone works best on that. If it is a dino bloom, left untreated it will kill all of your snails and sand critters.

I would turn off your lights for 72hrs and run ozone.

It's dinos then, leave the tank dark for 3 days, an I'd invest in ozone, also do some water changes. Don't buy any snails until ur dinos are under control.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9815060#post9815060 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BigDaddy
It's dinos then, leave the tank dark for 3 days, an I'd invest in ozone, also do some water changes. Don't buy any snails until ur dinos are under control.

You don't need to run ozone to have success. A 3 day black-out will be enough wipe out the dinos IME. Running ozone can be dangerous and many people fail to run it properly through a specifically designed reactor. A UV sterilizer is better suited to help rid dinos.

Back