BRS 5 stage Ro/di help

linkedsilas

I've contacted BRS. No reply yet
I've looked at videos and PDF files, no luck
I need a picture of the way the tubes are hooked up on unit initially.
It's already installed , my issue is I replaced the membrane and had my nephew rehook the unit. To say the least, it's not correct.
The one I have is for the drinking water as well so it has the extra block on top.
Does anyone have this same system and can provide pics?

I've contacted BRS. No reply yet
The one I have is for the drinking water as well so it has the extra block on top.
Does anyone have this same system and can provide pics?

Just an FYI Link.... RODI water is not healthy for drinking.
Q. It is well understood that DI or Distilled water is not safe for drinking. The REVERSE OSMOSIS drinking water also may or may not be safe. Since it reduces the TDS to a very low level of 30-40 mg/liter, it may again be hungry water extracting salts from the cells of body.

Just an FYI Link.... RODI water is not healthy for drinking.
Q. It is well understood that DI or Distilled water is not safe for drinking. The REVERSE OSMOSIS drinking water also may or may not be safe. Since it reduces the TDS to a very low level of 30-40 mg/liter, it may again be hungry water extracting salts from the cells of body.

rodi water is perfectly fine to drink, it just tastes bad, you get all the minerals you need from your food and anything else you drink.

and I am guessing the one he has for drinking has the carbon block the water goes through before he drinks it to get the taste back

rodi water is perfectly fine to drink, it just tastes bad, you get all the minerals you need from your food and anything else you drink.

Do your homework. The stripped water takes the minerals from your body. It's not about getting minerals from food, yes you do but the water steals it.
I watched 2 people go down this road got pretty sick. Dr had the get off the RODI. In time all got better. According to many doctors and even the World Health Organization, drinking RO water or even worse, distilled or DI water can have long term negative health effects on the human body. Water with <75 TDS can seriously affect your intestinal track, and the lack or low level of minerals can cause other health problems, etc.

Anyway just a warning. When driving 165mph it's nice to be warned there is a 65mph curve ahead. Slow down or not, choices.

Last edited:
Do your homework. .

The BRS 5 stage drinking water system is RO only.
It does not have a DI stage..
There is absolutely ZERO issues drinking water from that system and very little truth to the RO/DI myths also..

Also note the diagrams I posted..
Any systems with DI stage should take the water for the drinking system BEFORE the DI stage..
Thats not because of the "DI scares" either.. Its because its not needed and the only real problem is due to the fact that the DI resins used are not food grade and they can/do come loose and could be consumed.. Thats the ONLY real reason to not drink from these typical DI systems..

And your "facts" are just crap too..
First the WHO has recanted their previous statement due to lack of facts..
Yet that report is still floating all over the internet..

TDS <75 causing problems ... what a joke... :headwally:
Do you know the average TDS of bottled drinking water..? Oh yes its far less than 75 TDS..... about 10-15 TDS on average.. Do you see the "WHO" trying to stop the sale of bottled drinking water?
Do you know the output TDS of systems that the WHO and other helpful organizations are shipping to countries with source water contamination.. Yes less than 75 TDS
How about the TDS in MANY cities.. Oh yes less than 75 TDS..

Water with <75 TDS can seriously affect your intestinal track, and the lack or low level of minerals can cause other health problems, etc.

Just for some clarification, my incoming tap water only has a TDS of 15. Explain why no one in my town has intestinal track issues?

Our town water comes from very deep wells within the Adirondack mountains. We have some of the cleanest water in the country and have numerous awards for the cleanliness of said water. Only thing added to the water coming from the wells is chlorine(to keep pipes clean), and fluoride. I know the water treatment guy personally and know exactly what goes in our water when it's treated. He keeps me updated if they start adding anything different.

Just for some clarification, my incoming tap water only has a TDS of 15. Explain why no one in my town has intestinal track issues?

Oh people in New York have issues.. :p just maybe not intestinal ones
"Hey.. How you's doin' "

I kid.. I kid..

Ok well NYC does smell like a toilet though.. peee...

Oh people in New York have issues.. :p just maybe not intestinal ones
"Hey.. How you's doin' "

I kid.. I kid..

Ok well NYC does smell like a toilet though.. peee...

Actually I'm no where near NYC. Why is it every time you say your from NY, immediately everyone thinks NYC? I'm an 8 hour drive from NYC. Canada is closer then NYC.

I live in the Adirondack park, the largest park in the country spanning nearly 6 million acres. In fact it's so large you could fit Yosemite, Glacier, Great smoky mountains, and the grand canyon inside of it.

And I totally agree, people in the city do have problems! The least of them is the accent.

Actually I'm no where near NYC. Why is it every time you say your from NY, immediately everyone thinks NYC? .

Because the only thing talked about in the local/international tv/internet/paper media,etc.. is what happens or comes out of NYC.. The rest of the state is a media "dead zone"..

I'm 25+ years born/raised in Chicago, Illinois (suburb of really)... Everyone knows Chicago.. Many have no clue what state its actually in ;)

Now I'm in NC (13 years now).. Don't have an accent.. can't stand country music.. But mention NC to someone not local and the redneck jokes just don't stop.. :lmao: ...

And the world keeps spinning..

Thanks for all the replies. I will check them all out when I get to a computer.
As for the system, it's got the extra block on top for "chlorine" taste. I have well water so it doesn't make a difference, I hate the taste of it anyways.
At work I have a ro/ di unit and I take out the di part when I work with my herpe.
Di water has been known to harm amphibians and cause swelling because the lack of minerals doesn't tell the body to stop taking in water so they swell.

Do your homework. The stripped water takes the minerals from your body. It's not about getting minerals from food, yes you do but the water steals it.
I watched 2 people go down this road got pretty sick. Dr had the get off the RODI. In time all got better. According to many doctors and even the World Health Organization, drinking RO water or even worse, distilled or DI water can have long term negative health effects on the human body. Water with <75 TDS can seriously affect your intestinal track, and the lack or low level of minerals can cause other health problems, etc.

Anyway just a warning. When driving 165mph it's nice to be warned there is a 65mph curve ahead. Slow down or not, choices.

ive done my homework and even asked doctors and they all agree it is perfectly safe to drink. I'm not sure what your friends did to go down a bad path but I'm betting it wasn't just because they were drinking rodi water. heck my wife has been drinking it for 5 years everyday and she is perfectly fine. the whole drinking rodi water is bad for you has been around for a long time but studies have shown (not gonna look for them right now) that it has been proven false.

I have been drinking RO my whole life, we have always had an RO system in our kitchen with a faucet. Now when I drink "normal" water I can hardly stand the taste.

Back