BRS dosing pump question

DownwardDawg

I just purchased a BRS perilistic dosing pump. It's the 50ml/minute pump for ATO purposes. My question is how durable are these pumps. How much can they be run before having issues with the tube that's inside the pump? I have my ATO plugged into my RKL. The port where it's plugged in is setup on a timer. I have that port turning on every hour for 8 minutes. Only if the Avast pressure switch senses low water, will the pump operate. This method was pointed out on this forum by another poster (can't remember who). The BRS pump doesn't seem to be keeping up with my evaporation levels. I am going to change the timer to 10 minutes every hour and see if that keeps up. Will this pump last a while running it this much?

Pretty sure the documentation says you should expect one year out of the tube with a 4 hour max per day duty cycle. Just do you math based on those figures and you will have your answer.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Does that seem like too much evaporation for a 125? The t5's are running 12 hours a day but the halides are only running 3 hours a day right now. I do have fans blowing in the canopy for several hours in the evening.

I've had one for ATO for over three years. They are great pumps. It's connected to an autotopoff.com switch. I have no idea how long it runs each day, but my evap is about a gallon a day. I'm really slack about changing the tubes out, but haven't had any issues yet....knock on glass! :)

1 gallon per day = 3,785 ml/day
a 50 ml./min pump would make that in about 76 minutes.

Yeah the maths not adding up. I think I'm evaporating about 1-1/2 gals per day. Although I did notice earlier that the timer had the port "energized" but the water level was perfect sp to ATO switch was not letting the pump run. Maybe it's catching up now and I'll have to keep adjusting the time.

I was using an aqua lifter pump before and I read that it's not nearly as reliable as the BRS pump. Also the aqua lifter would continue to add water even when the pump turned off due to the output being below the ATO water level. This is not the case with the BRS pump.

Back