BRS "DUAL" GFO and Carbon Reactor

Patio

Anyone have experience with these reactors? I am looking to buy the single or double but wanted to hear some more feedback. I am not so happy with my two little fishes reactors seals. After seeing the video of the product on the website it makes me want to give theirs a try.

Has anyone run a macro algae in one of the chambers? I know you would need to supplement it with light.

Thanks for any help,

Patrick

very happy with mine, run gfo in one chamber, denitrate and carbon in the other
very easy to change media. not a single problem to report

they seem to be a great deal, and look (sometimes hard to tell on the web) that it's very well made. If I end up buying a GFO reactor, I'll be buying this one

had mine for about 4 months, no complaints. very solid unit, runs great

imo very well made it sure doesn't feel like a toy
IMG_1589.jpg

i will say its bigger than i thought when i ordered it

Second & Third everyones responses. I bought the dual and have been running it for about a week. Build quality & ease of use is better then other reactors I have used. I broke my TLF reactor a few weeks back it worked fine but it was a pain to change the media, IMO...

Last edited:
the only issue I have with it is the "stiffness" of the tubing from the pump and from the reactor back to the sump.

built great, works great, easy to use, easy to hook up. Had it up and running in under 5 minutes

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14185655#post14185655 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skiformance
very happy with mine, run gfo in one chamber, denitrate and carbon in the other
very easy to change media. not a single problem to report

+1 the only thing I'm not a huge fan of is that the tubing is really stiff, so it makes it kind of hard to deal with in tight spaces. But thats my only complaint everything else is great!

tubing problem is simply solved with a heat gun or hair drier. you can't see it in my pic but the drain line makes a perfect 90. i inserted a welding rod heated it up and bent it. ez peaze

Very well built. I have the double and am very happy with it. I even use the output to blow the detritus that settles on the bottom of the sump around so it is back in the water column for the skimmer to get at.

Back