BRS Reef Saver Dry

NYR

Looking to start my first reef tank, whats the general consensus on this rock? Good experiences, bad experiences?

A lot of people use this rock now. Almost every new build I see on here is using some kind of dry rock. Whether it be from BRS, Macro Rocks or Carib Sea. I used the carib sea myself and I couldn't be happier.

One downside is you don't get all the micro life that comes with good live rock but you don't get all the pests either. You can buy the beneficial micro life that comes with live rock now anyways.
http://www.ipsf.com/

Ok thank you very much! I saw a lot of people seeded with a single piece of LR. But if that bacteria solution is a solid substitute then i will opt in for that.

You can buy a piece of live rock. It doesn't need to be the biggest piece. You could also use the shrimp method. Or you could dose pure ammonia. I did the pure ammonia route while dosing microbacter7 and it worked flawlessly. In the end though the bacteria is there you just need to give them an ammonia source to feed on.

Welcome to the hobby.

I've gotten very similar rock elsewhere. Aquamaxx dry rock. It take awhile to begin to look natural (it's fairly white and clean when new) but after awhile it colors up nicely. If you are in the market marinedepot has dry rock for 30% off over Memorial Day.

Back