Brute trash can QT?

IUfan

Would a Rubbermaid Brute 55 gallon trash can serve as a good hospital tank for 8 weeks while my tank sits fallow?

Also, it will be setup roughly 5 feet from my main display, should I worry about airborne infection from the display to the QT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be rather hard to visually inspect your fish while you medicate them in a brute trashcan. A lot of things can go wrong real quick if you can't see it at the early stages. Just my opinion. I don't think you have to worry about airborne issues. Others will probably chime in tho. Good luck.

It will work but like the others have said you will need to inspect your fish time to time and that will leave you having to net them and stress them so you can. But it will work.

Thanks for the advice, if I can find a Rubbermaid stock tank locally without breaking the bank, I'll go that route, otherwise it's the trash can route

Brute trash can QT?

Not sure a 40 is quite big enough. And I have spare brute trash cans.

Would a Rubbermaid Brute 55 gallon trash can serve as a good hospital tank for 8 weeks while my tank sits fallow?

Also, it will be setup roughly 5 feet from my main display, should I worry about airborne infection from the display to the QT?

I would put it in another room if possible.

Back