BTA identity

Is anyone familiar with this species of BTA? Acquired it from a local guy who had a bunch he was getting rid of and it's my most favorite nem I've ever owned. Just trying to ID it. Purple with green tips?
IMG_4832.JPG
IMG_4831.JPG

Last edited:
So all BTA’s are the same species as Entacmaea quadricolor I believe it goes by the trade name for yours is Purple Passion BTA. Not too common in the hobby anymore

If it ever splits, I’d be interested in one 😁

So all BTA’s are the same species as Entacmaea quadricolor I believe it goes by the trade name for yours is Purple Passion BTA. Not too common in the hobby anymore

If it ever splits, I’d be interested in one 😁
Googled that and it looks to be it! Definitely not too common I guess. I'll keep that in mind if I ever have enough of them from it :D

They used to be fairly common 15-20 years ago. I just saw one in a tank photo on R2R not too long ago. First time in years I’d seen one

Well I'll have to take good care of this guy - give him plenty of reef blizzard and small chunks of krill. I know some people feed silversides but last thing I'd want is the food to go nuclear rotten inside.

Back