BTA morphing?

drtrash

Say a few posts at another forum claiming a certain led brand causes bta to turn yellow. I have had a lemon/rainbow under t5 and AI led and color did not,change. Getting ready to change to another brand and was wondering if anyon has experienced this with kessil

I have two kessil a160 and a two bulb t5 fixture with actinic bulbs. I have had my gbta for about a year and a few months he split once and I have two now. I noticed shortly after they split they turned kinda brownish. They still open up their tips bubble they eat 3 times a week and they are growing but they never got that bright green color back the original had when I bought it.

If the color they are turning is a lighter shade, it is likely bleaching from too much or little light. A real morph would hold its new color under different lights-although it might appear different due to spectrum.

I've read that a specific yellow (lemon drop perhaps) variant will only remain yellow under Kessil but there is another yellow BTA that supposedly stays yellow regardless.

IME BTAs change color all the time depending on conditions.

Here is pic of a BTA when I first got it:
FBTAday2close_zpsc740ac09.jpg

This is under actinics when I first got it. Same anemone, same day:
FTBAday3actinicsClose_zpsa296a65a.jpg

Here it is after several months of acclimation:
picture.php

Here it is after the first few days after I moved it to another tank.
picture.php

And here it is now. These pics were taken over the course of about 10 years. No I don't have any clones, it has never split and I will never cut it.
picture.php

I use 4- 48" T5HOs. 1 ATI AquaBlue, 2 ATI Blue Plus and 1 UVL Actinic White (when I can find them), right now I have a Wave Point "Sun Wave" instead.

Back