Bubble coral shipment issue/question

Mcgeezer

Reef gardener
My tank used to be pretty amazing, but it unfortunately crashed about 2 yrs ago when I tried switching from IO to Red Sea Pro salt. The system is now about 7 years old....and I took it really hard when the crash happened. Due to the loss, I stopped taking excellent care of the tank and treated it like a FOWLR since all that survived were the Sarcophyton and my Purple Gorgonians.

Link to a video of my reef before the crash should you care to take a look ��

https://youtu.be/w048KQzPpUU

I haven't had anything in the tank since the crash other than my Starry Blenny who recently passed (best fish ever!) ....and I finally got the urge to take care of the tank again and lightly restock fish/coral so that it’s entirely manageable.

Took the time to remove algae, kill flatworms, and get all parameters to ideal conditions before adding anything:

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite/ nitrate - 0
Ca - 440
Dkh - 9.8 per Hanna checker
Mg - 1210
PH 8.3
Phosphate - 0 per Hanna checker
Kalkwasser dosed in ATO

I ordered a pair of Tomato Clowns, a photosynthetic plating sponge, and a bubble coral from live aquaria. All of the livestock arrived perfectly except the bubble coral. The bag was punctured and the coral was out of the water stuck at the top of the bag for who knows how long during the shipment.

I did put it in the tank and it still has what appear to be healthy polyps, but looks like it did lose a small amount of tissue. However, it will not extend at all after being in the tank all day. I fed it Fauna Marin LPS pellets to coax them out (which it ate readily) but still no significant extension.

I did notify live Aquaria that the bag was punctured and I’m concerned the coral will die because of it. Anyone have any advice on how to ensure it gets nursed back to health? I don’t have much experience with Bubble corals....have only owned Frogspawn in the past.

And I presume live aquaria will stand by their guarantee since they packed it wrong?

Sorry to hear the mishap. They should refund you for the coral that for sure. At far at the Bubble goes I dont think that anything that you can do but hope it will rebound at this will take time. Was that a Elegance coral you had? Its beautiful

Back