Bubble King

I think so as it was only part time.

I sent him a text over the weekend as I had had two RD3 controllers go out on Sunday. As usual he talked down to me and told me to clean the pump and check the impeller although the controller screen was dead. It so weird these controllers have known problems if you do not ramp them down correctly.
I presently have borrowed controllers from a friend and now and sending 4 dead controllers to a 3rd party repair place to fix them so i do not have to deal with the insults i have to go thru went i need help with there products.

I think so as it was only part time.

I sent him a text over the weekend as I had had two RD3 controllers go out on Sunday. As usual he talked down to me and told me to clean the pump and check the impeller although the controller screen was dead. It so weird these controllers have known problems if you do not ramp them down correctly.
I presently have borrowed controllers from a friend and now and sending 4 dead controllers to a 3rd party repair place to fix them so i do not have to deal with the insults i have to go thru went i need help with there products.

Isn't customer service supposed to be friendly?

I guess a bunch of people on another site are getting ghost. I guess I am lucky I purchased a RO Regal 200 with the DC pump.:beer:

RD3 controller repair

RD3 controller repair

Would you mind giving me the contact info for the third party company you discovered.

It's hard to kill the messenger... in this case the messenger is the support who probably doesn't have the backing of the parent company

Nah, Scott works for the parent company, not the US representative. He gets no pass. This is a very well known problem but people for whatever reason don't disclose how many controllers they have been through. I can't tell you how much but they have made a small fortune selling replacement controllers at $500 a pop!

Fixed EB832

Fixed EB832

Alex is great! He fixed my EB832 for me when it died. Pretty fast turnaround too. Awesome customer support!

Do you mind me asking how much it was to fix the EB 832? I have one that does not switch on the outlets.

Do you mind me asking how much it was to fix the EB 832? I have one that does not switch on the outlets.

If you know how to solder/de-solder it's not hard to fix. I fixed it for a friend just by watching 1 youtube video. Part's on amazon I believe.

I had bought the power supply from Amazon, but never got around to doing it myself and just sent it to Alex because I was too busy. I think it was $65 or $85 maybe? It wasn't much really. I'll check my PayPal receipt. Alex posted some videos of the repair, so if you have some basic soldering skills, it's a pretty straight forward fix. The good thing about having Alex do the repair, is he goes over the unit and double checks that all of the components are working properly. He has a tutorial on the other major forum.

I had bought the power supply from Amazon, but never got around to doing it myself and just sent it to Alex because I was too busy. I think it was $65 or $85 maybe? It wasn't much really. I'll check my PayPal receipt. Alex posted some videos of the repair, so if you have some basic soldering skills, it's a pretty straight forward fix. The good thing about having Alex do the repair, is he goes over the unit and double checks that all of the components are working properly. He has a tutorial on the other major forum.

The repair was $65 + $15 shipping. You can pay the shipping both ways with a flat rate box, which may be cheaper overall?

Nah, Scott works for the parent company, not the US representative. He gets no pass. This is a very well known problem but people for whatever reason don't disclose how many controllers they have been through. I can't tell you how much but they have made a small fortune selling replacement controllers at $500 a pop!

...ill disclose. I've got no friends left in this world.
I'm on 7 dead controllers. Yes, some have been repaired by RE, but I believe I'm sitting on 4 dead units right now.
I still firmly believe German components are the best, these are just too finicky.

3-4 broken controllers. still got 2 remaining.

i now just toss them and replace with Jebao.. they last about same time

4 or 5 broken controllers here. I still have 3 working and one or 2 of broken ones in the attic.

Sometimes when the power goes out the three working ones still fail to start. I've figured out a fix: change the input to manual and set the power to zero. Then unplug, wait for the display to go dark and plug back in. Then raise the power and see if it starts. If it does, set your input (I use the 1-10v and control with my Apex for 2 of my pumps) or raise the power to whatever you run at. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries but so far has worked for my remaining 3 controllers.

Update on my repairs of these controllers. All 5 were able to be repaired and are now on the way back to me. Such a simple process and great communication from Alex. If anyone has broken controllers i would consider using Alex for sure.

Do you know if all 5 had the same issue? If yes, do you know what it was?

4 were victims of brown outs or things shutting off prior to ramping down. the other was an F1 error. he normally recommends on the F1 error to send the pump in with it to test it but from what I understand he replaced the common parts that break on this as well.
It really blows me away how many of these broken controllers are out there and how overrated this product is with known defects. They need a version 2 lol.

Back