Bubble Magus a5 help

wookiefever

Hi there,

I'm new to the hobby and bought a bubble magus a5 skimmer. I am having some problems with it. It is sitting in 8" of water as per every review I read. The skimmer is producing bubbles, so many in fact that it is overflowing like crazy. I don't know what to do. I am hoping someone has the same model and can troubleshoot this for me. There is no valve to control air intake and the water valve is set at minimal intake. It has been running like this for 48hrs.

I am at wits end with this thing and getting so frustrated. Please help.

Attachments

• 2B110EC8-0E09-4A63-91B9-E3A119AE5C2F.jpg
    2B110EC8-0E09-4A63-91B9-E3A119AE5C2F.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm interested in this because I'm currently looking to upgrade my skimmer and was going to order a curve 5 or A5. Why did you go with the A5?

Ok, this is happened to me also. I am using Bubble magus B10, place it higher than the recommended until its not overflow, fully open the water valve. Let it sit 4-5 day until the breaking process is finish then place it back to 8' water line.

Just give it time it will settle down. If it was me I would pull the cup and open the out put valve all the way. Just a little less splashing.

bubble magus help

bubble magus help

just went through this with curve 9. use the hose from collection cup to run into a bucket and keep an eye on it fills fast. let it run and drain into bucket but have new water ready to replace lost water. After about 10 gallons wasted mine settled back in to normal.

everyone is correct. It is a brand new skimmer so there may be chemicals or oil from hands that will cause the skimmer to react this way. If this is a new tank there may be something in the water that will cause it to flow the way it does. It may take some time for it to calm down. I know a lot of people who uses the same skimmer and love that model. Very similar to the Curve 5 with an upgraded pump. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks everyone, I will post back in a couple of days to let you all know how it is going. Unfortunately I cannot let it drain to another bucket as I would have to sit there all day making sure tank is topped up. I will just have to leave it continuously drain into sump. I really hope it's just because it's new and not something else.

PS jewlz I went with the a5 because it has a dc pump which drastically cuts power consumption and also because it is quieter.

I had the same issue with my Curve 5 when I first got it. I raised the skimmer up a fair bit and also left the drain plug out of the skimmer cup line. After 4-5 days as it settled down I lowered the skimmer back to the correct height and put the plug back in. No issues since.

The a5 actually draws 5watts more than the curve 5. Mine draws 13 watts. I read the AC pump draws 8 watts. It is super quiet, that I can't argue one bit. Right now I'm trying to use my algae scrubber more and skimmer less. That's another story though. Hopefully your skimmer settles down soon.

Back