Bubble- Magus skimmer has arrived

very interesting thread, I tried to find info about this skimmer and did not get anywhere with the search, ran a Google and at brought me here.

my question on the BM100 or 105, I am limited with 22.85 inches, would the skimmer fit under my stand, if so would it be possible to remove the cup for cleaning with only 1 inch space between the skimmer and the stand? what is the minimum clearance needed?

Thanks

Thabet

My BM100 arrived yesterday, I did the hot water and vinegar soak for an hour to speed the break in period, it is in my sump now, I had to put it in the return are until I get a new sump for it as the sump I have would does not have space in the drain chamber.
I am having lots of micro bubbles shooting back and as the water level is not constant in the chamber, it in not helping the skimmer.

my question is on micro baubles, did you guys had any at the break in period? any suggestions how to avoid this?
on the new sump, do you think that 14 inches is too high for the skimmer water level, or should I stick with the tested 11 inches.

I hope those questions would get better luck than the first question I asked earlier

Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12737540#post12737540 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thabet_2
My BM100 arrived yesterday, I did the hot water and vinegar soak for an hour to speed the break in period, it is in my sump now, I had to put it in the return are until I get a new sump for it as the sump I have would does not have space in the drain chamber.
I am having lots of micro bubbles shooting back and as the water level is not constant in the chamber, it in not helping the skimmer.

my question is on micro baubles, did you guys had any at the break in period? any suggestions how to avoid this?
on the new sump, do you think that 14 inches is too high for the skimmer water level, or should I stick with the tested 11 inches.

I hope those questions would get better luck than the first question I asked earlier

Thanks
I never got microbubbles ever. Not sure what to tell you on that but hopefully it will stop once it breaks in. As far as the water level you will just have to do some trial and error and see what works for you. Are you using the stock pump? Where are you located? How much did you pay for the skimmer?

i am in Jordan (middle east) and am using the stock pump so far, i paid about 200+ with shipping, in my case ity was my best option compared to anything I can get from the states.

The water level I was asking about is the level in the skimmer chamber in your sump

Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12739993#post12739993 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thabet_2
i am in Jordan (middle east) and am using the stock pump so far, i paid about 200+ with shipping, in my case ity was my best option compared to anything I can get from the states.

The water level I was asking about is the level in the skimmer chamber in your sump

Thanks
its a good skimmer and you will be happy with it. What size tank do you have and whats in it? You will have to find the sweet spot as far as water level in sump but anywhere around 8 to 11 inches should be good. Let us know how it works out for you.

it is running on a 55 reef with heavy stock list,
I would love to maintain my sump level at 13 or 14 inches, do tou think this will cause any issues?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12740052#post12740052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thabet_2
it is running on a 55 reef with heavy stock list,
I would love to maintain my sump level at 13 or 14 inches, do tou think this will cause any issues?
tamthapluc, was running his at with a higher level and it was doing fine. If for some reason yours don't work good at that level just build a stand for your skimmer. Its going to be really good for a 55 gal reef.

update

update

GUILLO1, I do not mean to hijack your thread, but it would help others to find all the info in one place

The BM100 worked for 5 days in the return section without the stable water level but it did a very good job, the micro bubbles disappeared few days after startup, last night I replaced mu sump with a new design that includes a large dedicated area for the skimmer, the water level in that area is 12 inches high and the skimmer took only 5 minutes to recover from the move and new water (did a water change while I was at it) and started skimming wet, reduced the head and back in business.
The only issue I have to deal with is the noise which I feel is caused by the pump cavitation, if I restrict the air intake a little the noise will disappear and the water level will get higher in the nick, however, the efficiency would go down with less air, does anyone have any idea how to reduce the noise without affecting the skimmate production?

just orderd one looks like they have one for usa now it sead new 110v release. he also threw in 3 flow acelerators for $10. yea cant wait. great service so far.

Tcgreaux,,

curious where you get one with 110 v? from reefscience, I noticed that selling BM100..

it worth to get one for 75 gallon tank?? I wonder?

well im at work now and my fionce just call and sead i had a big package by the door from hong kong!!! yea it hear cant wait to finish work 7pm:( and go home.

Let me know what is your opinion how is perform, I am thinking about get one for 75 gallon.... i need new one so wait for your opinion

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12531650#post12531650 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by luke33
Gotta love the mesh!

Shure ? ...and the Devil like Needlewheels ? ......:love1:

regards... Klaus

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13021123#post13021123 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Klaus Jansen
Shure ? ...and the Devil like Needlewheels ? ......:love1:

regards... Klaus

Klaus, why are you making off topic posts that make no sense and quoting a banned member?

What was that supposed to mean anyway??

are you really that scared of a chines KO taking your business? They really are NOTHING like a BK like everyone keeps saying!

Back