Bubble tip anemone

gareth.hubbarde

Hi my bubble tip drifted into a hole in the rocks and seems to be happy there. Approximately 50% is literally buried in the rock, including its centre and mouth. It responds when I put food on its arms it is expanded and generally seems happy, if it wasn't would it move? Do you think I should get it out or leave it?
27ebcd5f845ebba3c85faf46741bbd98.jpg
3fe76fbd08fcdcdeb199d20873b6f42a.jpg
0b788ae2d2073972cc3a46d3e4319f63.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Nice nem! Definitely leave it be and let it figure out where it wants to stay. Don't bother an anemone unless it's in danger, such as getting too close to a powerhead or a filter intake without guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually a nice spot for it. Any time I've had nems in a tank in the last 20-25 years, I've found that when I get my flow dialed in and feeding routines fixed and don't make any changes, that anemones will pick a spot and stay there.

However, they move when searching for food, different lighting, or different flow so if any of these things are being changed they go house hunting and zap corals on their way.

Also, how often are you target feeding it and what do you feed it? They love clean water and clumps of frozen parts but nothing big and dense. I know people love to feed them chunks of shrimp but I've found a little chunk of the mixed frozen foods once or twice a week to be best.

Sweet little nem!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back