BUBBLES! MY TANK LOOKS LIKE A SNOW GLOBE

SFKINNC

I have an issue that I haven’t encountered before. Biocube 32 tank was set up for the second time in March. Fish and corals are doing well. Algae is growing on the glass to make the snails happy. Pink and purple coralline algae are beginning to grow on the rocks. BUT, here’s my issue: the water level in the pump chamber drops so low that the pump is sucking air and pumping so many tiny bubbles into the tank that, at times, the tank looks like a 32-gallon snow globe! Even right after the media in the center chamber have been replaced, and without the sponge that separates the center (filter) chamber from the pump chamber the water level in the pump chamber is too low. I am using the pump that came with the biocube which is usually rated as under-powered, How can I raise the water level in the pump chambeR? Your ideas would be a big help, since I can’t think of a way to do it.

You should just have to add more water to the tank. If you have that little window on the side for water level, you don’t need to worry about that as it keeps the Water level way too low in my opinion. I keep my water about 3/4 full in that chamber.

I hope this helps some!

THANK YOU! You were right. I added a gallon of water to the tank and the pump chamber was no longer empty and adding bubbles to my tank! Such a simple solution that I am ashamed to say I didn’t think of it.

THANK YOU! You were right. I added a gallon of water to the tank and the pump chamber was no longer empty and adding bubbles to my tank! Such a simple solution that I am ashamed to say I didn’t think of it.
No problem! Be sure your salinity remains balanced as you add water and you’ll have to continue to add water as it evaporates

Back