Bulk Reef order

diverdick

FYI,

I just dropped 300 bones on a bulk reef supply order. Looks like they only offer 5 gallon buckets of my fav. two part additives. The two part mag. additives are still in 1 gal. offerings tho. No shortage I guess...lol

Future ideas....maybe bulk ordering would make more sense? or is the shipping fee a direct couple to weight?

Ideas? Alternatives?

They do offer group buy discounts, and Ryan (at BRS) told me that they are pretty flexible about it. I guess they can set up some type of group buy code that adjusts prices, and lets everyone pay for their order individually.

I don't need anything right now, but I would definitely be in if others were interested in the future.

I would be in for a group buy. The great thing they do is ship all orders individually so the "group" doesnt need to be in one area.

I think the way it works is you get 10 people to sign up, and everyone pays the lowest bulk price

I am on the BRS bulk pricing list. I received the cut rate on all items. Shipping o 148 lbs. was $69 - ups ground. I am willing to bet they would say no to separate delivery locations for less....just a hunch.

I'm in as soon as the club is ready. There's always something that I need, and it would be worthwhile just to get the permanent price reduction.

This is the note on the group buys from their site:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/i8/Group-and-Club-Buys/information.html

Group and Club Buys ***NEW*** Group Buy is now available any time and as many times as your club would like to utilize it. This promotion is designed to maximize the discounts and remove all of the organizational hassle that normally goes along with a group buy. All you need is 10 people who want to buy at least one item from us at drastically discounted prices. Here is how it works: For one week we upgrade every member of your club who signs up and creates an account with special "Club Wholesale" status. This gives them individual access to the maximum quantity discounts without quantity requirements on all of our bulk material as well as considerable discounts on much of our product line. Each member of the club handles their own order individually. There is no need to organize the order, schedule a pickup/distribution day, or collect payments. If that isn't enough we offer one more exciting perk: All club members who participate in the group buy will have their accounts upgraded to "Preferred Reefer" status giving them a smaller but permanent discount. The only requirement to be eligible for this Introductory Reef Club offer is that a minimum of 15 club members sign up.

Edit

Edit

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15482006#post15482006 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by diverdick
I am on the BRS bulk pricing list. I received the cut rate on all items. Shipping o 148 lbs. was $69 - ups ground. I am willing to bet they would say no to separate delivery locations for less....just a hunch.

To clarify, my comment was really for the shipping costs. The bulk price is good, a nice reduced rate for their product, the shipping is a UPS fee, not likely to be adjusted.

Re: Edit

Re: Edit

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15485980#post15485980 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by diverdick
To clarify, my comment was really for the shipping costs. The bulk price is good, a nice reduced rate for their product, the shipping is a UPS fee, not likely to be adjusted.

I think we all just hijacked your thread then :D

I think you are right about the shipping though, there is probably no way around paying out the *** for a 150 pound package. You might be able to find a place that charges shipping based on the order total rather than weight but they usually just add a surcharge for heavier items

The "hijack" hurts me deep......LMAO. Hijack away brother. The original idea was to pass on that they (BRS) only sell large quantities of their product (i.e. 5 gal. buckets) which, affects the shipping costs BIG TIME. Good luck shipping this stuff all over the place. I was attempting to encourage folks to consider individual needs along with geographical limitations to try to save money, that all.

Peace and Prosperity

--Rich

Sounds like we could have the best of both worlds:
-10 or more of us order and we all get 1 time minimum prices, and permanent discounted prices.
-2, 3, or 4 of the folks can still agree to have an order of heavier bulk items shipped to one convenient location, and save on the shipping costs.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15486877#post15486877 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cardiffgiant
Sounds like we could have the best of both worlds:
-10 or more of us order and we all get 1 time minimum prices, and permanent discounted prices.
-2, 3, or 4 of the folks can still agree to have an order of heavier bulk items shipped to one convenient location, and save on the shipping costs.

This is the internet. We arent allowed to be "logical" :p

Anyone else interested? Looks like we have 6 of 10 in this thread

I need magnesium Im not technically part of the "club" but it would be awesome to be a part of this buy and the club wink wink.

I'm interested also. I am not in the position to buy much til my truck gets fixed but would like/need to get a few things.

Tim

I'm going to need to order 2 part and kalk within the next couple of weeks. It looks like there were about 8-9 of us willing to go in for the group buy.

How does the middle of September work for everyone? Can we start getting a list of the folks that are interested? I don't mind taking point on approaching BRS. Once we have 15 of us, I can contact hem and ask them to open the group buy.

You said I could have this shipped to me in Soutern Tier correct? If so I'm in as well Ben.

Back