Buying live rock

Hens4Fish

Hey All,
I am looking to buy liverock for my new nano tank. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where on line to purchase from? I only need about 15-20 lbs. Please advise.
Thanks,
Bill

The only concern I have with that is getting aptasia and other unwanted pests. It is hard to gauge quality on e-bay. But thanks for the input, I will check into it.
Bill

Got LR off E-bay from Life Oceanic. WITH overnight shipping was $2.90/lb. Looks like nice rock. Curing as we speak.

IF you could send a link to that company, I did a search on e-bay, and cam up with nothing.
Thanks,
Bill

for that small of an amount, why not buy at the LFS...you can pick it out yourself, check for size, shape, life on rocks, and best of all a lot of LFS precure the rock, so if you keep it is saltwater when you move it back to your house it will reduce curing time for the rock

You make a very good point, but around here it is $6.99 per lb, and on line you can find it for half that. Plus there is more life on the stuff online, than here in town.

more life on stuff online? 1) pics of random rock that you probably won't be getting can be decieving..2) a lot of that will die off in curing...because for any rock that will be shipped, you WILL HAVE to cure or more aptly, recure it

Watch local reef sites and reefers.

People are always getting in and out of the hobby and usually sell it "used" for ~$3/lb

A store around here has a discount to members of the local reefers group. 10% off everything. Fiji LR is $4.50/lb

I agree with checking out Ebay for Life Oceanic they sell it for $2.24 plus shipping. The cheapest I found it and had no pest or problems with it. They were really nice to deal with and you can actually call and talk with them for specific request.

Back