Buying Ricordia?

justthewife

Where is a good reliable place to buy ricordia online? I am looking for blues, pinks, or anything else but orange. All the LFS carry here are the orange. I am a little nervous about buying live online.

Austin Aqua Farms has two really nice Yumas for sale right now on their site. One is a mult-color blue and green and the other is green. Both are in the 2" size. Not a better online dealer in the country. They are a sponser here on RC, but I know these guys and have been in their shop many times. Best quality I have seen. Check em out, Right now I have benn looking at their new collection of SPS that came in, as they are outstanding!

Aquascapers, formally Coralmorphalogic, you can't go wrong with their selection, and Colin is great.

http://www.aquascapers.com/

....they're so great that they sold out of ricordea at the moment, but the morphs they get are awesome.

Any suggestions on sources for rics these days. Have used Coral Morphalogic in the past but look like they are currently working on a much better project.

Austin Aqua Farms has two really nice Yumas for sale right now on their site. One is a mult-color blue and green and the other is green. Both are in the 2" size. Not a better online dealer in the country. They are a sponser here on RC, but I know these guys and have been in their shop many times. Best quality I have seen. Check em out, Right now I have benn looking at their new collection of SPS that came in, as they are outstanding!

Night and day opinions here. I would never tell anybody to ever shop here, I have tried to contact them, stop in on their "open" days, I have had zero luck even getting somebody to speak with, let alone shop. The previous owners ran the place infinitely better.

Do you have any pics of your order? Was you order a good variety or mostly orange or green?

Yup, I took some pics when they arrived but they aren't the best.. and yeah the seller sent a nice variety of colors.

Here they are right out of the bag

20140617_121910_zpsd4444f07.jpg

Shortly after gluing them to frag plugs, they were looking a little better but still weren't real happy. This was with 250w 14k halides and T5's..

20140617_151227_zpsbeb19e58.jpg

and another one I took a little later. This was just with T5's.. it was getting late and the halides had turned off by then

20140618_085146_zps5fc75886.jpg

I have them all spread throughout the bottom half of my 180 now.. all of them are fat/happy and doing well.

Edit: The second pic shows 3 rics on the two plugs on the right, and 2 each on the left. Once they started to fill out I realized that 3 per plug was gonna be too cramped. So the last pic has 2 Rics per plug after I had to cut and re-glue a couple..

Last edited:
Reeftopia .com in the Florida Keys is also a good source for Florida Ricordeas

I got mine locally at a place called gateway aquatics in St. Louis. They are on facebook and do ship, but are more of a lfs so they cant reall compete with the likes of liveaquaria. Also a place called salty underground. Just google them.

Back