Côr Pumps

ohioreef

I am looking to replace my return pump. I have an Apex and really like the thought of controlling my return pump with the Apex.

I was looking at the Côr pumps. What are your experience's with these pumps? Are they reliable? Which one would you recommend, 15 or 20?

Thanks,

Gary

I had 2 COR20's on my 120gal, one return, one driving the skimmer. I changed my return to a Red Dragon RD100 but still have one driving my skimmer. No issues with either of them.
As to the size you need, how big is your tank? Personally I would get the COR20, it might be overkill but you can turn it down, whereas if you need more and have a COR15, you might not be able to turn it up enough.

As to the size you need, how big is your tank? Personally I would get the COR20, it might be overkill but you can turn it down, whereas if you need more and have a COR15, you might not be able to turn it up enough.

Thanks for the comments.

My tank is a 96g corner tank with an approx 20g sump. I think the 15 would be large enough, but I've been leaning kinda toward the 20 for the same reasons you stated.

One other thing to consider, if need be, the COR20 will run stand alone, but the COR15 requires an APEX.

Back