Calc dosing in a nano?

sweetrav18

How does everyone does thier calcium for there nano's. The more specific the better(i.e amount per gallon, schedule of dosing?)

I use my ato for calc. i just dump in kalkwasser in my top off water and with the mh lights my evap is enough to keep up on the demands of my sps & clam

calc

calc

I don't have an ATO set up or a sump and dumping the kalk right into the back chamber worries me with the pH. Anyone have good experience with a two part liquid solution I can buy.

My ato keeps the amount of kalkwasser i dose to a minimum to avoid the ph problem. However, i also have it running into my biocube. But i placed the inlet tube next to the skimmer to help keep from having the ph swings. If i were you i would us b-ionic, but that gets to be a pain after awhile

I dont have an ato and I use Kalk. I mix about a gallon at a time and let it sit over night. Then i syphon out the clear water leaving the gunk at the bottom. I dose about 1 cup every night and i've never had any ph problems doing it this way.

Well, any 2 part should be enough for softies & LPS but i ran into problems when trying to keep my levels up once i added sps & a clam. Luckily kalk works for now before it becomes a reactor issue.

Back