Calcium dosing...how much...help me out...

jarice1978

I just set up a 28 gallon nano tank (JBJ 28 HQI) and everything is working great. I also purchased the DIY auto top-off kit. I am getting ready to set it up.

I have read somwehere that you can add calcium or other supplements to the freshwater resivoir so that it automatically doses the tank when it replaces evaporated water.

My question is how much supplement do I put in the resivoir?

I just purchased "Red Sea Calcium +3". On the back it says 1 teaspoon for 60 gallons once a week.

I guess it is a bit of a math problem.

My tank is 28 gallons, and my resivoir is a 5 gallon bucket.

Also, if I add the supplement to the resivoir, what is stopping it from settling on the bottom. If this occurs the resivoir pump is not likley to suck it up...

Thanks,

Joe

You should add directly to the tank not the resevoir. I have never used that stuff so sorry i cannot help with dosing.

i wouldn't add calcium that way because the amount your top will add per day will fluctuate depending on daily evaporation.

the directions on the bottle have no way of knowing how much Ca your tank gos through per day so they are pretty much useless. i dont know if that product is in this calculated but have a look http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chem_calc3.html

Back