Calling all 75G owners

Dummyforclownfi

Just wanted to see what other owners of a 75G aquarium are stocking as far as fish goes. I know people have very different opinions as to what is overstocking and what is understocking. This thread is not for that. I just simply want to see what other people have in a standard 48" 75G aquarium. Thanks.

formsix

Not stocked yet, but I've obsessed over this list and think our final stocking plan will be very close to this:

1 Royal Gramma
1 ORA red sea mimic blenny
2-3 Fairy Wrasses
1 Carberryi Anthias
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Orchid Dottyback
1 Diamond Watchman Goby
2 tank-bred banded pipefish

Our tank isn't a standard 75g -- it's 48x22x16 -- but it's not that far off. Right now we have the Royal Gramma in the tank, and a Lubbock's fairy wrasse in QT. Trying to add the most peaceful first, so the list is also our basic stocking order (goby and pipefish later because they need an established tank).

ah_notty

I have a yellow eye kole tang
Foxface Rabbitfish
Pair of occ clownfish
Mandarin dragonette
Royal Gramma
Getting ready to move in a couple weeks and am planning on adding a flame angle once the tank settles.

Buzz1329

OK, I'm here. Just let me catch my breath.

Ouch, this is embarassing but I might as well come clean. I have in my 75:

A foxface that after 2 years is about 5" long and seems to be quite happy with diet (lots of nori, frozen, and pellets). I've tried trapping him in hopes of moving him to larger tank I've established but have had no success. He remains a brilliant yellow, unless my grandson breaks away and bangs on the side of the tank, in which case he (the fish) breaks out in dark blotches. Constantly scouring rocks for algae -- but will not touch bubble algae.

Yellow Tail Damsel (Chrysiptera parasema). My favorite fish. I've had several and they have never displayed level of aggression that has been attributed to them.

Kupang Damselfish (Chrysiptera hemicyanea). Another colorful, cheap, and hardy fish. Gets along well with everything else in tank, including the Yellowtail damsel.

Sixline wrasse -- love it -- nowhere near as aggressive as it's been accused of.

Royal Gramma -- great colors, eats anything, does not hassle other fish

Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp -- the bane of my tank -- would sell my soul to be rid of them. They drag any corals less than 4" around the tank and eventually into their burrow. They must die and soon. I'm just saying.

Saltydrip

1: 2 spot Bristletooth aka blue eyed kole tang
1: yellow tang
1: blue/red mandarin
1: yellow coris wrasse
1: green chromis
2: ocellaris clowns

dirtycontour

Yellow tang, 2 ocellaris clownfish, 2 bangaii cardinals, candy hogfish(he is a jerk), royal gramma and a yellow watchman goby. I'd say I'm maxed out.

Dummyforclownfi

Well in my 75 I have a yellow tang, tomini tang (both very small), flame angel, flame hawk fish, 2 green chromis, 1 royal gramma, 1 ocellaris, and 1 spotted goby. I'm about maxed out as well. I have 0 nitrates ever. Maybe we can actually stock more than what people tend to believe. Then again, like I mentioned, both my tangs are tiny.

justinky

My 82G 42" by 24" by 18" tall tank is running,

2 Platinum Clownfish
3 Bartlett Anthias
Potters Leopard Wrasse(Macropharyngodon geoffroyi)
Christmas Wrasse(Halichoeres claudia)
Linespot Flasher Wrasse(Paracheilinus lineopunctatus)

mpderksen

Maroon clown
2 x Spotted Cardinalfish
Blue-Green chromis
Starry Bleenie
Dwarf Flame Angel
Hawaiian Wrasse? (Looks like a cleaner, but with a yellow tail)
Baby Volitan LionFish (hold the comments, it's temporary!)

On order, and last to be added will be:
Yellow eye Kole Tang
One Spot Foxface (the Volitan leaves when they arrive)

You didn't ask, but also:
Cleaner shrimp
3 Emerald crabs
Tux urchin
Coral banded shrimp

Dummyforclownfi

OK so you all have a similar load as I do. How many of you guys would say you are done stocking? Those of you who didn't specify already that is.

shifty51008

12-5 Chiefs record
2 - ocellaris
1 - chocolate tang
1 - Banggai Cardinalfish
1 - 6 line wrasse
1 - lawnmower blenny
2 - Lyretail Anthias

and I am done stocking

Dummyforclownfi

OK, I'm here. Just let me catch my breath.

Ouch, this is embarassing but I might as well come clean. I have in my 75:

A foxface that after 2 years is about 5" long and seems to be quite happy with diet (lots of nori, frozen, and pellets). I've tried trapping him in hopes of moving him to larger tank I've established but have had no success. He remains a brilliant yellow, unless my grandson breaks away and bangs on the side of the tank, in which case he (the fish) breaks out in dark blotches. Constantly scouring rocks for algae -- but will not touch bubble algae.

Yellow Tail Damsel (Chrysiptera parasema). My favorite fish. I've had several and they have never displayed level of aggression that has been attributed to them.

Kupang Damselfish (Chrysiptera hemicyanea). Another colorful, cheap, and hardy fish. Gets along well with everything else in tank, including the Yellowtail damsel.

Sixline wrasse -- love it -- nowhere near as aggressive as it's been accused of.

Royal Gramma -- great colors, eats anything, does not hassle other fish

Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp -- the bane of my tank -- would sell my soul to be rid of them. They drag any corals less than 4" around the tank and eventually into their burrow. They must die and soon. I'm just saying.

Do you feel better now that you have seen what other people ate stocking? You're not bad in your situation.

mpderksen

Stocking "guidelines" are like most things in This hobby, IMHO. One guy may have great equipment and maintenance, as well as experience on how to deal with a higher load. Another guy may struggle with a light load because he travels a lot, or can't afford a decent skimmer. But I've learned not to challenge the norm too much until I get stuff working. (Says the guy with a Volitan in a 75 with a 1" chromis....)

GQuinn

1 - Labouts Fairy Wrasse
2 - Purple Firefish
2 - Clowns
1 - yellow Tang
1 - Midas Blenny

I am going to add a couple more smaller fish

Docdiggy

1 foxface
1 flame hawk
1 neon dottyback
2 occ clowns.
It helps keep my water clean with a low amount of fish.

trinimaddness

4-clowns (1 spawning pair and the other two "appears" to be bonded) zero violence amongst the clowns
1-yellow tang
2-wrasse
1-diamond goby
1-purple dottyback
1- mandarin