Can hydraulic concrete be used

buffalo123

Can Hydraulic be used to anchor corals in small amounts. It hardens quickly even under water. I know it raises PH but can it raise it much if used in small amounts.?When i say small amount I'm thinking enough to fill a hole 1 inch x 1/2 inch deep or less.

Can Hydraulic be used to anchor corals in small amounts. It hardens quickly even under water. I know it raises PH but can it raise it much if used in small amounts.?When i say small amount I'm thinking enough to fill a hole 1 inch x 1/2 inch deep or less.
In general you should be fine, but be aware that some rapid set cements can have some rather exotic additives in them (different bottom ashes, fly ashes, etc) and can be from any variety of sources (power plants, kilns, and other sources of ash) and this can contain large amounts of metals and other not so nice stuff. Read the MSDS to see what is in there.

FWIW all concrete (in the context here) is hydraulic, as most of it is portland based, aluminous, etc. Non-hydraulic cements would be plasters, gypsums (gypcrete, etc), and other cements that are not stable in water.

Thanks for the info i tried a small amount will watch to see if anything seem whacky. If i notice anything i will remove

The container says 3-5 minutes. However thats dependant on how much water you added. If you make it to clay consistentcy its pretty quick before it hard. I tried it on a big hammer coral that i had problems anchoring with epoxy .

2 weeks later, Seem to have no issues, However i only used a small amount. Just enough to fill a hole about 1 3/4 x 3/4 x 1 inch deep

Back