can I add LEDs to my Halide/t5 fixture?

banthonyb71

I have an Aquaticlife
48” 2-150W
2-T5 HO 4 Lunar LED. that I didn't want and I've been trying to sell.

I couldn't add J.C signature to get rid of the damn thing.
and since I can't sell it, I was thinking about modifying it.

AquaticLife_HID1.jpg

I was thinking about either removing the halide fixtures and putting some Kessil 360n in their place or leaving the halides, removing the led spots and adding some LED pucks or strips across the middle. there is a channel where I could add a heat sink to do this.

the end result would be a fixture that is a halide/LED/T5 Hybrid
Would this work? or would the colors be off. I haven't seen any company's with a 3-way hybrid. so I'm just wondering if there is a reason why?

Why not add a reef brite strip to each side. Then you would have all 3 types of lighting. I run a Cebu sun with halides and t5 and added a led strip to front and back of the fixture.

Why not add a reef brite strip to each side. Then you would have all 3 types of lighting. I run a Cebu sun with halides and t5 and added a led strip to front and back of the fixture.

how intense are the reefbrites? more of a supplement or something that will add some par? because right now, the intensity is not where i need it to be.

I have two reef brite LEDs on my tank, the PAR they out out is close to what my 4 T5 tubes put out. They are very bright!

Back