Can I feed ReefRoids to my GBTA everday?

RioReefr

I bought a small GBTA 2 weeks ago. I have it high up in the tank with a AI Prime HD+ maxed out with blue/royal blues at 100% directly over it.

I take a 1/8 teaspoon of RR and make a paste out of it, then use a pipette to shoot it around its tentacles very early in the morning (6am) before any lights come on.

It has been responding well and the tentacles and color seem to be getting "greener". Should I continue this regime or do less feeding?

BTW, I have a colony of Zoas on the same rock as the GBTA and they also seem to be benefitting from the daily feedings.

I never feed any BTAs in my systems, they do fine just off fish poop. Be careful feeding corals. They have very species specific response and it's easy to overfeed and negatively affect an animal. See this paper by University of Hawai'i

That's a very expensive anemone food. Shrimp and fish work well and are cheaper. The bigger the foods I fed mine, the bigger it got, so keep that in mind, if you don't want it to grow too big for your tank.

Back