Can I have a goby and a blenny?

Larah

I have a sand sifter goby in a 60 gal, I'm dying for a blenny, can I have both? oh and how do you think they'll get along with agressive fish, like a trigger? My husband is really wanting a trigger.

Currently in tank:
1 tomato clown
1 pseudochromis
1 Dominoe Damsel
1 Sand sifter Goby
1 Cleaner shrimp
2 hermits
a few snails
1 chocolate chip star fish

Hmmmmmm....Mine is only 60 Gal........
I just wonder if they can get along with each other or what..

Gobbie, and Blenny is fine. Trigger needs a little room to roam, and would be better suited for a 6ft tank.

Good luck!!

crap... What am I gonna tell my husband...LOL! He's dying for a trigger.. I was told a picasso might work? I'm guessing you all are gonna say no though <wink>

If you do get a trigger, get a Blue Throat or a Niger as they are the mellowest.
I would say a 90 gal would be the absolute smallest.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11610528#post11610528 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jjkief86
They should be fine. I don't think a trigger is a good idea just because it is only a 60 gallon.

Second this 60 is WAY to small for a Trigger i would say nothing less than a 120g for a trigger with the 180 to 300g range being more ideal! Just IMHO

Not sure if this helps, or if it's even true. I have a a pseudochromis...indigo dotty. I wanted a lawnmower blenny. Someone at my LFS stated that the dotty would probably go after the blenny because of the similar shape.

If anyone knows something to the contrary, please chime in as well....I was really hoping for the lawnmower!

trigger

trigger

I had a Huma Huma in a 20 long years ago by him self. Had him for three or four years. lots of water changes. I fed him gold fish. How I kept him alive I have no idea looking back and knowing more now.Sometimes God will let a fool stumble along for a long time before he lets him fall. Fred

Dileggi, I would say no on a lawnmower in your small tank, unless he eats prepared food at the lfs. Try to find one that will readily eat infront of you. If not, it will not have enough to graze on in your tank and will starve.

Hey dsn, thanks for the input. I was looking for the lawnmower and purposely let hair algae grow all over a few rocks. Some the "pods" are softball size. Do you think this will still be a problem. I was thinking they grazed slowly?!

ah ha a VERY good point! The trigger will eat the goby and the blennie.... Perhaps that will sway the hubby!
I'd love to have a much much larger tank but alas no where to put it... I don't know if my pseudochromis and a blennie would get into a fight, they seem pretty different shapes to me, but hey what do I kow, I'm not a blennie or a dottyback, LOL!
Thanks you guys!

I have a lawnmower and a neon dottyback. They don't fight and that dottyback is a brute for his size.
I learned to stay away from triggers from my 90g first tank.

Back