can i run 2 feed modes at the same time

jwblocal701

Apex
can i run 2 feed modes at the same time
it seems like if I run feed A it cancels Feed B
and vice versa
When I run feed A i want my skimmer off for a few hours so it dont suck out the food
And i want to also run Feed B to turn off my return pump for about 20 mins
because the food is just going down the overflow so i want that off just for a while with feed B

You can't run both. But with programming and defer statement you can accomplish why you want with feedA only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How would I program that then
I have feed A set for 180 mins
Which turns outlet 1 off for 180 mins when feed A is ran
How would I get outlet 2 off for 20 mins with feed A also

Create a virtual outlet, call it something like skim_feed.

[skim_feed]
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
Defer 020 Then OFF

In your [skimmer] outlet add:

If Outlet skim_feed = OFF Then OFF

What will happen is as follows:

Normal operation: outlet skim_feed is ON and your skimmer will be ON.

FeedA mode: skim_feed will be ON but only for the Defer period of 20 minutes since FeedA is going to turn it OFF. But it can't because of the Defer. As soon as the Defer is satisfied, skim_feed will turn OFF which will then turn your skimmer OFF

** as always, test this logic yourself and do not copy/use it blindly **

Create a virtual outlet, call it something like skim_feed.

[skim_feed]
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
Defer 020 Then OFF

In your [skimmer] outlet add:

If Outlet skim_feed = OFF Then OFF

What will happen is as follows:

Normal operation: outlet skim_feed is ON and your skimmer will be ON.

FeedA mode: skim_feed will be ON but only for the Defer period of 20 minutes since FeedA is going to turn it OFF. But it can't because of the Defer. As soon as the Defer is satisfied, skim_feed will turn OFF which will then turn your skimmer OFF

** as always, test this logic yourself and do not copy/use it blindly **

I think I under stand but that's not what I want to do
When I hit Feed A
I want this to happen
1: turn outlet one off for the 180min duration of feed A
2: turn outlet 2 off also but only for 20 mins not the entire 180

What you have written above
Will just turn my outlet 1 off 20 min after feed A is selected...I think

This should work.

In skimmer outlet section:

If FeedA 180 Then OFF <~ this will delay skimmer startup for 180 minutes AFTER FeedA is over.

In you pump section:

If FeedA 020 Then OFF <~ this will delay the startup of your pump for 20 minutes after FeedA is over.

You may want to change up the delay times to better suite your needs since I wasn't sure how long you have FeedA run.

you just completely lost me

Yea, no wonder. I completely mis-read what you wanted to do! :facepalm: That's what you get for not reading the instructions carefully!

Ramsey has the solution but let me tweak it a little. Assume that FeedA duration (Misc Setup web page) is 1 minute. It can be most anything but just use 1 minute for now.

Then for your skimmer, add the additional time you want it off, 179 minutes - If FeedA 179 Then OFF. That will keep the outlet OFF for 1 + 179 minutes.

For your return pump it would be - If FeedA 19 Then OFF. That will keep the outlet OFF for 1 + 19 minutes.

The FeedA duration can be anything as long as it's shorter than the outlet with the briefest OFF time. Also remember that if you cancel FeedA early, everything turns back ON immediately.

Last edited:
Back