Can someone help a friend out...

Felix1021

Guys,

I have a friend that has a flatworm problem in his tank
He wants to know if anyone has extra or left over
Salifert flatworm exit...

he would trade you for some red slime control (medication)
(he has plenty of it)

thanks,

Felix-

damn, out of 66 people (views) no one has any flatworm exit? I'll give a couple of red mushrooms to whoever has any to spare.... miami area.

Sorry dude. no FWE here either... I'd be weary of using it too. It's aways best to take care of it (relatively) naturally too if you can. A sixline or other wrasse should take care of most of them. If not, siphoning them out and doing lots of water changes should help. If I remember correctly, you only get flatworms when there is an abundance of nutrients.

Marine biological diversity with a ecosystem balance ,it's my theory :)

lg-24066-wrasse.jpg

The Six Line Wrasse will search for live foods in the form of small crustaceans such as pyramidellid snails (clam parasites), urchins, and commensal flatworms. The Six Line Wrasse is also known to feed on unwanted pests on live rock, such as bristleworms.

-----------------

thanks guys...that's what i told him...six line wrasse
will get the job done..but oh well...thanks again for looking

Felix-

CiroFuentes22 >> LOL

Thanks for the help..I actually got someone who will help
I already forward the info to my friend...
thanks again guys!

Felix-

WLDSHARK,

yes...Peppermint Shrimps do help alot..
he (my friend) has one in his tank but he's lazy!

Felix-

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12285101#post12285101 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Felix1021
WLDSHARK,

yes...Peppermint Shrimps do help alot..
he (my friend) has one in his tank but he's lazy!

Felix-

You or he may THINK they're lazy, they're very active at night (as most shrimp are). My cleaner shrimp have a whole night shift thing going on, working on my Pajama Cardinals (also active at night).

I would rather take care of these pests with a natural predator, but they're animals, you cant rely on them to do what you want. Has anyone had a bad experience with this particular chemical? If I do decide to go with a six-line, will it get along with my Bi-color Blenny, Purp- Firefish, and YWG? I'd like to have 5 fish in my BioCube 29. The last fish being an Atlantic Chalk Bass.
Blenny, Flame Goby, YWG, six-line, Chalk Bass ?? The 3 fish I have now get along great, There are lots of hiding spots in my cube. Anyone, have any suggestions?

About time you said something...
we're just trying to help you out buddy...
I think the six line is worth a try...that's just me

Felix-

Back