Can someone improve this picture?

rynon

Hey all, I'm very new to this and used a friends 100mm camera lens to take this picture. I shot the picture in JPEG which I've already learned is not the way to go about things. My biggest problem is I have no clue how to use photoshop or any of the software that came with my camera, I try to improve things but make things look fake or worse IMO. If someone has the time and wants to mess with this picture I would love to see what can be done with it. The color in the picture is very true to life BTW. I received a lot of comments on the picture, though I know it could be much better. The one thing I wish I would have done differently is increased the DOF. Anyway....

IMG_0753.jpg

rynon

Wow, yes! OK, that is true to life color. Can you explain how you did that? My picture looks so washed out now. Seriously that's an amazing difference, I thought it looked good before but compared to your after I think not. I am totally amazed at what you did with this picture! This may sound odd but can you PM me the whole file, if not can you PM so I can leave my email address? I am totally shocked at how well that turned out.......I have my pic as my desktop now, I would prefer this. I can also email you the entire file. Thank you.

reefman23

Sure, I'll pm you my email and you can send me the whole file. I used the Lightroom 2 trial (I HAVE to buy it!) and kinda just messed around with it until it looked right. I did add a bit of vignetting, sharpened it a bit, and did a little noise reduction. I wish I could tell you exactly what I did but I honestly dont know!

Jesse

TitusvileSurfer

What would like improved? You can't improve DOF after the fact...unless you completely erase the image and redraw it from scratch. With enough patience and a lot of skill it is perfectly possible.