can t make any since out of my softies

aaron112977

i have several speices of sps and lps which are doing great and i
also have a yellow colony polyps that are doing great but i have a yellow fiji leather some blue protoplaythoa and some red zoanthid speices that will just not grow or reppoduce or anthing it is confusing me

i add B-ionic calcium buffer system every day and i have a euro reef skimmer i also run phosban constantly. all under metal halides and t5 attintics in a 75gal.

any advice or explaination whould be helpful.

softies and leathers tend to like a bit more nutrients than the sps/lps coral do. maybe you have too clean of a tank for the leather>

Are the corals still open and healthy looking? Some corals take longer to acclimate than others. Like fancyfish said, those corals like dirty water.

they are in low to very low flow. when you say dirty ar you talking about organics ???? and i have alos read where iodine is very important to some of these things were itr is not to my hard corals

the leather is in decent flow it is doing ok but the zoanthids and the protoplaythoa are the ones that worry me i had a problem with cyno before i got my euro reef and the polyps didnt do that well then either and since i have a lot more invested in my acros i do like to keep organics low but i do not want to give up on my softs

Last edited:
i tested my posphates and they are undectable everything seems to be right with all other parametes i can only test the basic stuff though i do not no what you mean to FW dip my zoas????????

Back