Can the ASO Valve be removed from my RODI sytem?

RobbyG

I have been using an ASO valve like everyone else but my Permeate pump died and I decided to just get a booster pump. I have a pressure vessel that is filled by the system with Ro water.

The problem is I have varying low water pressure from the municipality and sometimes it goes down so low that the ASO valve shuts off before the pressure switch can turn off the pump. That leaves the pump running indefinitely and even if the water pressure goes back up an hour later the ASO valve is still shutdown and the pump is still running.

It would seem like it's possible to just bypass ASO valve and use the pressure switch alone to shutdown the pump but I am not sure if that will cause a reverse flow of the water. Is a shutdown solenoid that is NC needed? Anybody done this and know if it's possible?

Thanks

Robby, while many here "might" be able to answer this I would go to the source for the answer. Buckeye Hydro, Spectrapure or one of the other manufacturers.

Thanks but I fear that they will just take the safe approach and say no it cannot be done. I am almost certain I saw a post on here years ago where someone showed how he bypassed having use one to get around the 2/3rds water pressure issue.

Back