Candy Hogfish Has to go?

Reef264

Where's The Reef?
Hello fellow reefers,

I was observing my tank yesterday and I noticed my Fire Shrimp was missing some legs, then I noticed today why.My candy hogfish has been picking on him!I walked in today and I saw him tearing him apart!I broke it up, but now the fire shrimp is missing all limbs, and is swimming trying to stay near my Zebra Moray Eel for protection, the shrimp and the Eel are best friends.But the hogfish is still trying to get in there and eat him...Plus The Hogfish is picking on my Diamond Goby.Im pretty mad about this, the fire shrimp has been with me now for over 3 years, the hogfish is meaningless to me, to see the fire shrimp sitting there help less being eaten alive, I am not Playin anymore, but I am pretty sure I'm Gunna have to remove him.If I remove the hogfish, will the shrimp recover?

-Ray

shrimp can regenerate limbs when they molt

i guess it all depends if the shrimp can survive until he molts

I caught the hogfish, he's in my Fuge, I'm going to take it the fish LFS in the Morningis there any way I can isolate the shrimp to make sure he doesn't get run over by my eel?.Can I raise my iodine levels to speed up his molt?Ill test and make sure it doesn't get too high...

I've read as they get older that they may turn in personality and show aggression to passive tank mates, he's about 4" so it's an adult, and I've had it for about a year now so it may be getting into that stage where it's changing in temperment..

Back