can't believe it!

My calcium reads 475. Please don't tell me I screwed that up too... lol. Not tested my mag yet.
Oh well keep plugging away at it...... thanks for your help

ca of 475 while high is okay, what you need to make sure is that everything doesn't precipitate out and cause your alk/ca to crash.

When in doubt, Do a water change (Would be nice if that rhymed)

Don't have many corals and the ones I do are just frags so with the exception of corraline algae I'm not sure why my calcium is so high especially using instant ocean. I usually only do a 30 or 40% water change but maybe I will go over 50% in the next days.
Hate doing a water change now though that I'm dosing MB7.

You hate doing a water change Because it makes your water cleaner faster than by dosing MB7/Vodka?

Why is changing the water such a big deal, there isn't that much bacteria in the water column.

Do you have a skimmer? What do you think happens to any bacteria floating around all willy nilly :D

I didn't say changing the water is a big deal.....lol. I meant that I just started dosing MB7 and was hoping I wouldn't have to change the water again so soon after 2 recent water changes weekly. It's not a big deal to change it if I have to stabilize my alkalinity.

It sounds to me like you may have a bad test kit. Out of curiosity, what is the expiration date on the box? Even with an expiration date that is okay, that does not preclude something being wrong with the kit.

I just purchased a salfert and hanna alkalinity test kits. I figured I would start off using my salfert. Before I ran out of my old hanna fluid I was at around 6.8 dkh. Now before I take a fit and make an *** of myself I want to ask. Using my new salfert kit the water has to change from blue/green to an orange/red . Well after I finish adding the drops my water does not change from a light blue .
I've got nothing to measure. How do u read this?

I have used Salifert in the past, not too many issues... could it be expired?

Lol.......as I said I had just ordered and received 2 new kits. A hanna refill and the salfert. The salfert expires in 2020.
As on the above conversations it looks like I found my problem.

For some unknown, at least to me, not all Salfert Alk test kits come with the control solution.

Back