cant get "feed" to work

scott11

I have my feed interval set for 30. I have a tunze 6025 and a vortech sharing an outlet on the dc8. From the home screen I press down, then select on feed a. It blinks for a moment then returns to the home screen. No change in the pumps, they stay on.

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't it go to a countdown?

It's not that DC8 you just put too much current though is it? That DC8 could be done in my opinion.

no, this has been an ongoing problem since I got the ACJr a week ago.

As far as the current, the shut off happened twice in a row today when I hooked up the chiller, then I unhooked it. That was a few hours ago. Since that time the dc8 has been working fine to control my fans and kalk, so I think it is ok. I would think the fuse would go before any real damage was done.

Don't press 'select'; just press 'down' and wait. This is a common mistake people make; select cancels the feed cycle.

by kenargo
Don't press 'select'; just press 'down' and wait. This is a common mistake people make; select cancels the feed cycle.

Now if I did that on my ACII and I walk away, does it come back on?? I have my skimmer pump hooked to the feed button.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12861736#post12861736 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kenargo

solved my problem right there thanks

AHHHHHHHH...

There is no logic in that :p

I am a man, I must push the button!

I was about to throw the AC3 through a window last night because of this.

Oy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13191047#post13191047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WarDaddy
I was about to throw the AC3 through a window last night because of this.

Oy

Hey Oy, throw it to me and I will throw my ACII to you. I don't understand the Logic part, but the Feed button has been working succesufully for me so far. I have my powerheads hooked to it. When in the "Run" mode, I hit the "Down" button and it automatically runs the "Feed" program for the alotted time.

What problem are you having??

I was selecting the feed.... by hitting select.

see I come from the world where first you highlight the item you want, then you select it.

Must change that mind set :)

OK, I am doing something wrong. I got the feed cycle to start, thank you for that.

What do I have to have in my program to tell the AC what items I want to turn off?

I have statements like this:

FeedA 000 then PMP OFF
FeedA 002 then SKM OFF
FeedA 000 then PH1 OFF

but when I start feed A from the AC3, nothing turns off.

The program appears correct; when FeedA is running PMP, SKM and PH1 should all turn off.

Are you sure you are selecting Feed='A' when you start the feed cycle? Remember it takes a few seconds for the feed cycle to start and turn things off. I'll assume that for the devices above you have some statement that turns then on and that manual on/off works correctly?

Manual works perfect, they have the If Time > 00:00 then PMP OM statement.

It was A I started, I watched the counter start counting down... went to 000.

I will play some more.

thanks Ken

I Take it things are working for you now? A little reversed logic problem ????

Back