Carbon and GFO Help

Jaysreefworld

I plan on running both on my new build, I'll be running them with 2 atb media reactors. Whats the best media to run? On my pervious build i used BRS, thru their dual reactor. I wanna try out other products.

If you guys could chime in and tell me what you've had success with or whats the best out there. Thanks

I have used the SeaChem Matrix Carbon, which is fine, IME, but a bit pricey. Other people like the BRS products. I'd likely try some of the ROX 0.8, if I were in the market for carbon. For GFO products, PhosBan and Phosphate Killer are fine, IME.

I've used RowaPhos and ChemiPure Elite. Both of them worked great.

I'm now using the BRS products due to their lower cost and bulk quantity. The GFO works pretty well but I have one complaint about ROX and it's that some of the media floats. This is not good if you use a reactor that doesn't compress the media, like the TLF reactor. It spits the floating media out and into your tank.

I switched the bulk carbon I was using to the ROX and it is very strong...I also use the BRS gfo and had to reduce the amount as I was stripping too much and started having a chalice recede. Just start slow with the gfo...small amount. On my 120g reef I only fill the media chamber about 1/4th to 1/3rd full of GFO

Thanks guys I was already thinking rowaphos for gfo. Still not sure on the carbon though. Anyone wanna else wanna recommend anything?

Back