Carbon Group Buy

Justin74

Ladies and gentlemen :) If you’ve done a lil research you'll know there is a difference from just any 'ol carbon. Getting high quality carbon as some of you may know is not cheap. Ive participated from what I consider successful group buys on carbon before. But at a later date we found this carbon out to be substandard and now I have found the deal of the year on some high quality carbon.

The difference with this carbon than some is first it is meant and designed for fluidized filtration. You'll be surprised to find out how many carbons aren’t even meant for aquatic purposes, but intended for air filtration or some other use.2nd, it is GAC (granular activated carbon) This has been proven to have more surface area than pelletized carbon. Also it is coal based not coconut shell based, water rinsed and importantly, acid washed(also a distinguishing factor in grade and quality ).

This carbon was approved by someone I consider to be a major guru on the topic here on the boards, and with some research through the chem. forums you'll get an idea who I may be referring to.

But anyway, here’s the kicker: 1st 55lb. bag shipped = $64 and some change. That’s just over a buck a pound for some high grade stuff. These will be distributed in 5lb. increments for 7$ to MARS(ya you to BAR,CVR ;)) members and 5lb. increments for 10$ to non-member locals.

Not to cut anyone out, but my way of giving something cool back to the clubs that support our hobby and reefs, and at the same time a sweeet deal to the local dabbler. Yes Im making a few bucks, but with the cost of driving this stuff around to meet up all with you all and the cost of bags this seems to be about right.. Depending on how many would like to jump on board upon delivery I would like to disperse to those ready the following weekend possibly at yourreef with John's permission first of course or a comparable location . The second and last disbursement will be at the following monthly meeting at Round Table(hopefully). If I get a lot of you that know me or have dealt with me in the past Im willing to go up to (4)55lb. bags. If its everyone and there brother Im going to cap it off at (3) 55lb bags, I will let this run till next Friday which I will then tally up cash/paypal and make the appropriate order.
This is straight from the manufacturer which just so happens to be the distributor which offers a 1 time minimum 1 bag purchase, other wise deals solely in bulk which also means sweet deal for me and you! Cheers :beer:

-Justin

This would work well in my phospan reactor. Sign me up for 10lb non-member price.

I'm in for 10 lbs at MARS member price. Perfect timing, I'm just about to need some more very soon. I'll PayPal you the $14 right away, or should I wait to make sure it all goes through next week?

Thanks,
Josh

Ill take 10lbs also......Good call, it is hard to find good carbon......I have been using the el cheapo(blue milk carton stuff) for as long a I can remember since I refuse to pony up for the expensive marineland stuff.....

Ill put the $14 in your paypal account

Doug

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8064631#post8064631 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MelodyCorals
I'm in for 10 lbs at MARS member price. Perfect timing, I'm just about to need some more very soon. I'll PayPal you the $14 right away, or should I wait to make sure it all goes through next week?

Thanks,
Josh

You'll want to have it with me prior to Friday to assure your order :) If theyre are any hangups for any reason all will be notified immediatley with status on this thread and option for refund. So far we have,
loup: 10lb.
jlfnjlf: 10lb.
funman: 5lb.
madness: 20lb.
MelodyCorals:10 lb.
sacramentodots: 10lb.
Nu2SW: 5lb.

To further add, once this is complete I will be more than happy to disclose my source for all of RC to take advantage of for personal reference/use and future group buys by others :) This is only to expedite this process and assure everyone is able to get on board who wants carbon within a couple of weeks. After that, it can be a free for all :)

-Justin

Btw, Edwin I work off of Dewey Drive near Madison if you or any others wish to meet durring the week 9a-5p.Just pm me for directions and also pm if using paypal so I can put the name and RC handle to the paypal payment, just to make sure theres no confusion.Thanks.

-Justin

Payment recieved. Like I said, I will keep everyone up to date as soon as I find out myself. Im not sure if it will arrive the weekend before the meeting but if it does I will give everyone the opportunity to come get it hopefully at the very least it will arrive in time for the club meeting, thats why I'm ending the buy by Friday. They will ship it USPS ground, but do have a california corp. office so may be fairly quick.

-Justin

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8065455#post8065455 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Justin74
I will give everyone the opportunity to come get it hopefully at the very least it will arrive in time for the club meeting,

-Justin

That might be a good reason for me to finaly go to a meeting.....always want to get home on fridays and relax.........

Payment Sent

Payment Sent

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8065005#post8065005 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Justin74
You'll want to have it with me prior to Friday to assure your order :) If theyre are any hangups for any reason all will be notified immediatley with status on this thread and option for refund.
-Justin

Sounds good, payment sent (and PM w/details). Thanks for putting this all together!

-- Josh

Got em both Josh and Steve, and it's my pleasure. I've been wanting to do this for some time but it's taken until now to find a deal where everyone can get on, if this grade came in a liter size jar with some fishies labeled on it you could expect to pay at least 15-20$ I was planning on goin in on it for about 20lb, but will do more to make sure that the "bag" order is complete so no one gets left out.

-Justin

Put us down for 20 lbs Justin. We are BAR members and also been talking to MARs officers about joining your club as well :), so put us down for the members pricing :D

BTW, any plans to do a rowa-phos group buy. I know it is iron <something> but not to sound totally ignorant, I just cannot recall the generic name for the media :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8072142#post8072142 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sparkss
Put us down for 20 lbs Justin. We are BAR members and also been talking to MARs officers about joining your club as well :), so put us down for the members pricing :D

BTW, any plans to do a rowa-phos group buy. I know it is iron <something> but not to sound totally ignorant, I just cannot recall the generic name for the media :)

You got it Sparks, man that would be really sweet if there was such a media, that stuff is like gold! Might have to keep on the down low as not to **** Bruce off! :lol2:

So now were at:
loup: 10lb.
jlfnjlf: 10lb.
funman: 5lb.
madness: 20lb.
MelodyCorals:10 lb.
sacramentodots: 10lb.
Nu2SW: 5lb.
Elim: 5lb.
Sparks: 20lb.
Justin74 :20lb.
Total 115lb.=(2)55lb. + (1)5lb.

So hopefully more will come one board to cover the 50lb. needed to get the third and final bag.

If we get really close to your bag but just not making it, you can push me over another 5 lbs if needed.
Just let me know.

~Steve~

Back