Careful while cleaning fish tank.

thats just wrong.....I have heard of kids putting peas and stuff up their noses but this is a first.

WTH! To me, this is an unlikely story... Kind of like the guy in the ER saying "I just sat down on the couch, and there happened to be a screwdriver there handle facing up..."

Or the guy with the x-ray showing a cue ball in his sigmoid. "I just sat down on it accidentally!" Yeah right...

As bizarre as this sounds, it's Not the first time it's happened.

Under different circumstances, it happened to a South American Man as well.

I was watching an episode of Monster Fish on cable, having several subjects they cover on different episodes.

In one episode, they catch a mammoth redtail catfish. They show how it has these small parasite like fish in it's mouth where they survive by taking small amounts of blood from the catfish.

Before retuning the big cat to the river. They clean him out of the small parasite like fish.

Then the program showed how a human was accidently infested by one these on a different occasion.

A Brazilian Man was standing in the river just a little bit off shore. He got out of a boat to take a "pee". While standing there urinating in the river, The small fish(3-5" in length) jumped up - swam up the mans urine stream and into his penal canal.

He did not know what happened. But after tremendous pain finally went to the hospital. It took a few days travel since he was far from civilization.

In the hospital they showed a scope viewing the fish inside him and how they extracted it! The fish was burrowing it self further and biting on internal flesh. But they got it out and the man made a full recovery.

It was the same kind of fish that used the red tailed cats mouth to host in. Interesting & strange behavior... disgusting.
What a nasty fish!

From what I understood of that though, the man was standing in the water not at the edge of the river, but fully submerged up to his waist. I could be wrong because I came in halfway through the same show. Also that was a catfish that was mimicking natural behavior, the one in the story was some type of Betta. Who knows?

Actually the fish nickmamed a "toothpick" fish jumped into his Urine stream ABOVE the water level.

It seems the fish even have an acute sense of urine smell or prescence ... ? This has happened to many native people from the country.

Some divers fear them more than swimming with Pirahna!

It seems it's happened more often down there than people know.

It was ofcourse a completely diffrent fish from the "betta" type in India though.

Lucky for the kid it wasn't a piranah. Ouch. Not the kind of swimmer you want in there.

Sounds like you need to be wearing protection while swimming in those waters. People will send them prophylactics to practice safety and stop the spread of diseases and they will just use them to go swimming. LOL.

Something sounds a little fishy though. He pulls the fish out of the tank, goes to the bathroom with it and walah! The fish is up Mr. Winky. Now they are going to sent him to counseling for any trauma. Sounds more like they need to send him to counseling for something else.

Back