Caribsea sugar sized sand

G13

I have 7, 30 lb bags of Caribsea sugar sized sand.

Anybody have any advice on how I should add the sand to the set up?

Should I also rinse the 210 lbs of Caribsea sugar sized sand that will be added to my 125ga set up? If so, can I use tap water to rinse?

Wash the heck out of it. I used tap water in my tub and drained as much as possible before adding it to the tank. I used a 2" pvc pipe to drop sand to the bottom of my tank with great sucess.

I would suggest rinsing it with RO\DI water.

And the way I set it up was putting the sand before putting water in the tank.
I also used live sand or special grade sea floor on top of the sugar sized sand.

when you put the water in the tank put a diner plate in the tank and the pour water on the plate, I think that way the tank wont come as cloudy.

Hope this helps you out !

i wouldnt wash it, youll send alot of the good stuff down the drain. the dust is beneficial. just try not to mix it all up when you put the water in and the remaining dust will settle in a few days at most.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12200114#post12200114 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MBasile
i wouldnt wash it, youll send alot of the good stuff down the drain. the dust is beneficial. just try not to mix it all up when you put the water in and the remaining dust will settle in a few days at most.
How is the dust beneficial?

Back