Carpet Anemone keeps floating away!

I have a lovely white carpet anemone which will not stay in one place! And not for wandering about. He does not seem to be 'grabbing' hold of anything and ends up getting blown all over the place by the wave makers. I have tried turning them off for a bit but then when I fire them back up again, off he blows and sails around the tank.

I have tried digging the sand up so he can grip the egg crate underneath... nope. I have tried on a rock... nope. I really I want him off the sand as the maroon clowns that host it keep splashing the sand away from the base of it which makes it look unsightly.

Any tips or ideas on how I can keep it in one place long enough to 'stick' or anything useful at all??

Thanks, Steve.

depend on what type of carpet. pic will help to id the carpet.
white = bleach, not so lovely, it will take some time before it will regain the color.

04690656e3f99880aaee62548b34eb43.jpg
apologies but the lights are out but it was white when I first got it with blue tips. It's meant to be white I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh sorry. I tried to describe it once to someone and they thought it was carpet. Relatively, couple of months. I just can't keep it weighted down long enough for it to take hold on anything.

you want strong light and stable system.
it will settle once it feels comfortable, dont feed it yet, just let it settles in first.

I try not to feed it but the clowns keep taking it food. Lol. I'm just worried that it's never firmly on anything to allow it to settle/stick. It's only ever just gently resting on something before it gets blown to a new location.

Sorry to restart this thread but I have something weird happening now.

I have recently lost my naso tang to what I think was flukes. The few days following I have had a panther grouper and a small wild maroon tank that used to host the anemone disappear. The anemone is also looking sorry for itself and when I went to take it out because I though it was dead, it has a weird green stuff on it top and bottom and wondered what it was. Has anyone seen this before? Do you know what it is? Is the anemone dead? Is it possible that it's eaten the clown?

f1089327e10d0f05e116eb22a6f5f86a.jpg
70c0faf8ddc92b64146466ac2d4d20f2.jpg

Back