Carpet anemone moved, battling my astria coral

Weboh

My carpet anemone was doing fine in its last spot; it stayed there for a year or so. A couple months ago, it decided to move to a different spot in the center of my tank. I got some new coral and it turns out the anemone's old spot was perfect for the placement of it--now the anemone can't go back.

A few weeks ago, it started to move again. Now, it's right next to my astria coral. I noticed the astria wasn't open as much as usual, so I looked closer and it's definitely being irritated by my anemone. Pictures. I'm not sure what I can do. I don't want to damage either the anemone or astria by trying to forcibly move them, but if I do nothing, the astria may die anyway. There aren't that many other spots in my tank for something as big as either one of them either.

What do you guys recommend I do? Thanks.

But how would I go about removing one of them to do so? I know anemones have delicate feet and when they're attached to rocks you can't rip them off, but how about the astria colony? Can I just pull it off from the rock?

The astria was looking worse by the day, and I couldn't move the rock it was on, so I decided to use a razor blade to pry/cut it loose. It "bled" a lot--I could feel/see a lot of juice coming out. I did this a couple days ago, and the polyps haven't opened up since then. Plus, the colony itself is all bunched together. Is this a normal part of the healing process? I guess there's not really much I can do to help it beyond making sure the water's perfect, right?

My Haddon's would go walkabout shortly after I added a new fish to the tank. I know they have no brain but it was like he was on the hunt. I ended up putting him and the clowns in a separate tank.

I was able to slowly peel his foot off the glass bottom by working up the edges with my fingers. Try to get him to close up first, otherwise you can end up with a lot of broken off tentacles stuck to your hand.

If its a soft coral, frag it w/ a razor blade and reattach to a small rock w/ needle and thread.

Back