CCRitters.com Group Purchase ------------------------Results

JMCAquarium

They are among us!!
I would like to know what everyone though about the order?

Did you like the prices?
Did you like the products?
Is these somthing Dana could do to make things eaiser ?
Ect ect

Prices - incredible
Products all looked good

I'm a tad concerned about the jawfish - it was going to the surface for air when I got home - so I agitated the water some to help the airate the bag, I am thinking that a larger bag/more water would help that.

The shrimp has disappeared into my rockwork, so, I will have to let you know on that one.

I ran the zoo's through a dip of lugiols, and then freshwater, and then mounted them and into the frag rack. There starting to open up now, so, should have a good ideas tommorow night.

Snails/Hermits all look great - the blue-led hermits were nice - and are already spreading out around the tank cleaning the rockwork. Now I have a proper cleanup crew again. (I was down to 3 snails, 4 hermits for my 150)

The lettus nudi is already going to work on my back wall!

Re: CCRitters.com Group Purchase ------------------------Results

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14208848#post14208848 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JMCAquarium
I would like to know what everyone thought about the order?

Did you like the prices?
Did you like the products?
Is these somthing Dana could do to make things eaiser ?
Ect ect

Group Buy

Group Buy

I was a little dissapointed at the sizes-but guess that is why the prices were so good! I am at my office putting the coiral banded shrimp in the tank. Snails were really small-but are all loaded in.
The Ricordia is tiny-but hopefully will open up.

Jonathan-Do I need to contact them to get a refund for the purple ricordia not in the order? Please advise.

Jonathan and Frank-props to you guys for doing all this work!!
Wayne

The 2 ricordia look awesome. One of the dwarf seahorses look pregnant, and the snails and crabs were good. Not the nassarius snails I was expecting, these were very small. I also didn't receive some snails and a nudi. Will let you know how he handles that.

For the price it was pretty good. I asked Dana to have the ricordea pack be multiple color. She assured me that there would not be more then two of the same color. There was pretty much two colors, blue and green. I was hoping for some orange and red....no go.
All else was what i expected

I love the prices... the stuff is good quality for the price. I must say these are the first species of inverts from the Atlantic. They are different looking than their pacific counter parts, but diversifying the tank is a good thing.
The only thing I could suggest for Dana to make things easier is to build a better website and add more info. Some of the stuff listed reef safe is not, and some of the stuff that is reef safe, requires specific food. I guess that would be a tactic to sell more stuff... but I digress. He might not even be the webmaster on his site so not really his issue, just throwing it out there to help inform the community.

Overall, very good and I would like to order from the site again eventually.

Prices were great! I ended up getting like 13 rics altogether in my bag!

The emerald crabs were great too! Too bad one of the claws on one of them was gone. But other than that i'm completely satisfied! We should definitely do it again!

well im glad everyone seems happy so far i guess i might be off the hook i couldn't help feeling nervous for suggesting the site. thanks jonathan for organizing the GB

im pretty happy with the order!
prices were more than great.
my gorgonia is like a foot long!
my gobies are big, awesome and pregnant.
the starfish are huge!
and im still waiting for the rest of the zoas to open..but they look pretty good so far!
will be glad to do another gb!

on the site, most of the wrasse, if not all were said to be "reef safe" but were not after i researched most of them, i would've loved to get a few wrasse if they were truly reef safe..

also, it would've been great if he had cucumbers and cleaner shrimp too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14212491#post14212491 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Prototype
im pretty happy with the order!
prices were more than great.
my gorgonia is like a foot long!
my gobies are big, awesome and pregnant.
the starfish are huge!
and im still waiting for the rest of the zoas to open..but they look pretty good so far!
will be glad to do another gb!

on the site, most of the wrasse, if not all were said to be "reef safe" but were not after i researched most of them, i would've loved to get a few wrasse if they were truly reef safe..

also, it would've been great if he had cucumbers and cleaner shrimp too.
did you email him and ask if he had any cucumbers? i tried to let everyone know to email him and ask if you don't see something you want, thats how i got 2 yellow ones from him awhile i back

I'm going to let this run a day or two longer to make sure everyone is still happy then I'm going to contact him with some suggestions.

Prices: Very reasonable
Products: Everything in my order looked good and I even got a few freebie Nassarius snails. I did lose one of my emerald crabs and a couple of cerith snails were DOA, but everything else seems to be well. The anemone shrimp looks awesome, but I haven't seen it since I released it. :p (Does anyone know if Periclemenes Yucatanicus will take an RBTA as its host in captivity? From what I've been able to find, they only associate with a handful of anemones natively, but can't find reports on captive experience)
Service: Dana was prompt and helpful.

Those of you that are missing somthing let him know if he wants proof let him know he can Call or E-mail me and I'd be ahppy to back you guys up.

Is that all for comment and suggestions ??? I will be writing him an E-mail saturday before heading to work then.

Back