Centropyge multifasciatus (or Paracentropyge if you prefer) Long Term Success?

tanglovers

Is anyone having long term success with this fish? I know they are very sensitive to get acclimated but I am toying with the idea of doing a cool water reef focusing around one of these guys.

I have heard of people with them for 6 months or so anyone with longer success?

Thanks!

from my reading and short exsperience, you need a very peaceful tank, with dimmish light and lots of overhangs and caves and nooks and cranies. but getting them eating and adapted is the biggest challenge. and getting one that is caught with proper teqniqes and handled properly (id suggest getting one from DD or LA, thatll help alot as far as getting them adapted

I am planning the tank around this species so I should be able to accomodate the needs for aquascaping.

I have a very healthy venustus which I know are similar in care to these guys.

Thanks!

I had one for a year. It died by an accident by me otherwise it would still be alive today. :(
Get one thats eating and 99.9% of your troubles are done.

That's what I figured but wanted to get more people's experiences. The tank won't be started until late winter or so just doing a little homework right now. Have to finish my upgrades on the large tank in preparation for a few other angel additions before this one is started.

BTW i had mine with somewhat aggressive fish.
Flameback angel,domino damsel,blue damsel, emp. The other fish didnt bother it. It was very timid but cruised in and out of the rockwork much like a sixline wrasse does.
I would have lots of rockwork for him to patroll.

I love this AngelFish, mine was accepted well into my DT from a smaller 50 gallon. The only fish that even remotely picks on him is the Potters AngelFish.

He took a little while before eating but I started him on Arti Pods, then over to brine and mysis shrimp. He won't eat any flake or pellet foods but he is fat and healthy. Here are a couple of pics.

I bought mine from BZ and he was about an 1"

Good Luck

Tank he is in now:
DSC07692.jpg

DSC07700.jpg

DSC07701-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back