Cerebra owners. Where you at??

Likley the end for Vertex. Given the downturn in the hobby more companies will follow.

Is there a downturn? Based on what I've seen at the frag swaps, things are going strong. WWC doesn't seem to have much trouble selling $30k+ of coral in a weekend.

We may have hit the the ceiling on what people are willing to pay for a lot of this equipment that the manufacturers are throwing out there.

Hey reefers, does anyone by any chance have an .iso file for firmware update of gen 1 cerebra?
Has anyone tried to reverse engineer any of their controllers/power bars.
As far as i can read, most issues are in the software so we should be able to figure that out.. It's shame that so much of cerebra equipment is sitting around when it could be salvaged. Well, anyway, I've got like 5 powerbars and head controller for next to nothing so I'm going to play with it and see what I can come up with.
Any help with .iso files would be greatly appreciated.

Hey reefers, does anyone by any chance have an .iso file for firmware update of gen 1 cerebra?
Has anyone tried to reverse engineer any of their controllers/power bars.
As far as i can read, most issues are in the software so we should be able to figure that out.. It's shame that so much of cerebra equipment is sitting around when it could be salvaged. Well, anyway, I've got like 5 powerbars and head controller for next to nothing so I'm going to play with it and see what I can come up with.
Any help with .iso files would be greatly appreciated.

I would think that would be pointless without the source code to work with. Adding to the problem is that so few people have the last version of the hardware and the older version has hardware issues. IMHO you would be much better off working with reefpi

Thanks for you comment Robby.
My plan is to try and see what I can do with existing software. If that proves to be pointless, like you pointed out, that's fine as well. I can always pop in PI or just install different eLinux in it and do custom software like reefpi. I'm in electronics field so I think just amount of hardware/micro controllers it's worth a try.
If one is to start from scratch with reefpi, amount of 3D printing, sourcing all the components etc. is also time consuming.
For example, cerebra powerbar, the one without probes, it should be very simple to attach to reefpi or any other micro controller.
I'm sure we can figure out hardware issues as well and considering that some have fully working units it can't be that difficult.
Now, I know I'm making this sound easy, it's not. It will require lots of time and dedication but it will be also learning opportunity.

Bottom line is, Vertex could have at least turned everything opensource so at least we can try to fix it ourselves.
What a shame!!

I had gen 1 and also was part of VII beta testing. I have the latest version of software that they sent out to us right before January. There is a guy I know that had reflashed gen 1 to work out some of the bugs.

I threw out all my stuff cause they took my pcb. Them bastards could of returned them at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just wondering how everyone who said that Vertex (and "Jason" the "owner") was such a stand up company (when I warned everyone they were not and took a lot of crap for it) is enjoying their promised new Cerebras...?

You are correct . You would think there is a lawyer in the group to start a class action lawsuit. SMDH

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Back