chaeto. free.

vest0830

Premium Member
I have 1 big ball of chaeto, probably enough for 2 people actually, free to good home.

I need this gone by the weekend. If not, ill go see if PPM wants it, and I will donate it to them this weekend.

Mine started about the size of a small fist from Jeff, and was a little larger than a basketball, very thick and full of pods after a year under 10k lights. Its very healthy.

I work on foster and live about 10min outside of Kadena in the Takahara area. :rollface:

Hey there, I haven't been on RC for a while but I thought I might have seen some posts from you on Japan Update. Are you leaving or just selling a lot of old stuff?

What benefits would my tank get from chaeto? Do I need big business lighting for it or will standard flourescents work?

Vest, have you gotten rid of any of your posted stuff yet? Might be interested in the overflow box...

the only thing I have left is the tank itself (including the stand and hood) id let go for $225 area, i've got the aqua medic return pump $40 (not sure what size it is) and I've got a hamilton halide ballast and single ended pedient (which might be sold to Mr. C)

AlexnLinda, if you're interested in a tank, I think Lionel still has his up for grabs in the same forum - Okinawa saltwater gang. Please
go take a look see.

VestMan, Hope all is well...Hey, can up drop a bug in the tank masters ear....I'd like to get a big opne priced...

C

...Sigh, AlexnLinda, if you meant Chaeto I can cut you a big chuck from my fuge....just let me know if you'd like some

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10981311#post10981311 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sango-chu
VestMan, Hope all is well...Hey, can up drop a bug in the tank masters ear....I'd like to get a big opne priced...

C

Is there someone here that makes tanks? If so Acrylic or Glass, what sizes, I'm very interested in getting a bigger tank also. let me know.

There's an acrylic man out in Koza and he'll make you a tank...you'll have to talk with him to get a feel for it. I asked him to make me a 375 gallon and he quoated the same price at tenacor for 3/4 inch acrylic all around. Vest0830 knows a guys who knows a guy who makes tanks...but I have to talk to him first to get the skinny.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10988208#post10988208 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sango-chu
There's an acrylic man out in Koza and he'll make you a tank...you'll have to talk with him to get a feel for it. I asked him to make me a 375 gallon and he quoated the same price at tenacor for 3/4 inch acrylic all around. Vest0830 knows a guys who knows a guy who makes tanks...but I have to talk to him first to get the skinny.

where is this place @ in Koza? If you talk to Vest0830 im looking for a 180-200g tank.. thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10981311#post10981311 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sango-chu
C

Mike Pine is his name. I know if you go to his profile, you can email him that way. I would grab his email from you from my work email addy book but i'm not at work this week or next. Do you guys at DODDS have a global address book like the military does, you could probably find him that way. I don't think he gets on here very often anymore.

Here is his thread on his tank build, which is on hold due to him building his new house. The tank he had custom made is in here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=970762

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10988493#post10988493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AlexnLinda
where is this place @ in Koza? If you talk to Vest0830 im looking for a 180-200g tank.. thanks

Dimensions should be as close to metric as possible. It is pass the Okinawa zoo road going down hill past the gas station. once you pass the busy bee day care center on the right hand side and the kanehide food store (?) you will come up on a light with a wall covered in foliage to the left. take taht left turn down a medium (bit larger than small in Okinawa) road and go down about 700 meters...you will see a sign board with a fish on it denoting a small storefront place. its his mde over garage...but he's got a great setup inside...diecast acrylic and a wonderful huge table saw....he does most of the work for the make-man and pet-box stores and the like...let me know if you'd like directions.
my cell
0908 292 2991...name is Luis they call me Luie (Louie)

I found the place. Very nice man. He's cutting my acrylic for i can make a sump. anyone has weld-on #4 or similar
I also have his #. there was a language barrier but we work through it.

good deal! I'll look into that too.
Vest: have you left already? I tried sending you e-mail so I can pick up your chaeto and pods if you have any. If you can, pm me your number so I can call you and pick it up this weekend. (I live about 6 min east of macaroni grill).

where else can I get some? Perhaps I should start a new thread ie. wanted: chaeto and pods.

also, can macro algae like chaeto be anchored to live rock?

Back