Chaeto - normal to double in size in 4 days?

muppet

Misanthrope
Wow. I'm amazed. I just set up my fuge on Sunday with a smallish softball sized lump of chaeto and I swear it's doubled already. I'm probably going to have to prune it by the weekend.

Sheez.

I know my Octopus RO/DI was putting out dirtier water than I thought for awhile. I wonder if that's something to do with it.

Nitrates are 0 in my DT. I overfeed a bit, but not THAT much.

They pull in dissolved organics as well as nitrates/phosphates. There is no way to measure these. (Also, not all dissolved organics can be pulled out by your skimmer.)

If could have been a bit smashed together and when you let it sit in the sump for a while it loosened up.... so it might have been bigger than you thought from the beginning.... Also it grows faster under intense lighting....

I've got a reverse schedule 6500K bulb with lots of aluminum foil to minimize light loss. It runs 16 hours a day.

If could have been a bit smashed together and when you let it sit in the sump for a while it loosened up.... so it might have been bigger than you thought from the beginning.... Also it grows faster under intense lighting....

this is what I am leaning towards, especially given that there is such a visual difference in size in only four days.

Back