Charge Back

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but I bought some kessils thru Paypal using a cc and never received them. Filed the claim with Paypal and nothing. Filed the claim with my cc company and presto the cash was refunded.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but I bought some kessils thru Paypal using a cc and never received them. Filed the claim with Paypal and nothing. Filed the claim with my cc company and presto the cash was refunded.

something very similar to your situation!

How long was the process after filing with the CC? Did the seller contest or anything? What information did you need to provide?

How long was the process after filing with the CC? Did the seller contest or anything? What information did you need to provide?

If you used a CC through PayPal, and you have the CC charge back from PayPal, this is not going to end well.

I had collections calling me in about a months time for $161.00

Good luck.

-Mark

Took a couple months after filing with my cc company. They credited the account however until the charge was finalized. The seller did not contest and in fact never responded. Apparently he/she was scamming people all over the place using the same PayPal account. There was an online for I had to fill out thru my cc company but that was about it. They did the rest.

Could you elaborate, mark?

If you don't have buyer protection because the payment method was either a gift or a restricted item that PayPal does not protect against, having your CC company charge back from PayPal on paper is essentially taking money from PayPal.

I had no ability to dispute a claim based upon PayPal's regulations and restrictions because of what was purchased. I was ****ed so I had my CC company cancel the payment and the money was credited back to my CC account because I had been scammed.

Everything was fine until about a month later PayPal had hired a collection agency to take me to the cleaners and decided the $161.00 was cheaper than my credit score taking a hit.

That was my own experience, others may have different experiences.

-Mark

If you don't have buyer protection because the payment method was either a gift or a restricted item that PayPal does not protect against, having your CC company charge back from PayPal on paper is essentially taking money from PayPal.

I had no ability to dispute a claim based upon PayPal's regulations and restrictions because of what was purchased. I was ****ed so I had my CC company cancel the payment and the money was credited back to my CC account because I had been scammed.

Everything was fine until about a month later PayPal had hired a collection agency to take me to the cleaners and decided the $161.00 was cheaper than my credit score taking a hit.

That was my own experience, others may have different experiences.

-Mark

Well that will definitely make me think twice about using PayPal in the future... Unfortunately with eBay, we don't have a choice.

The seller gets a 50.00 penalty for a charge back if on a CC, even if it was not their fault. As for pay pal, never I repeat never do a pay pal as a gift to scam the service charges, that when you have no right to the money back... it was a gift...Duh.... If you make a claim through pay-pal, they will let you only make one claim per year, if the money has be removed for the persons account and that person does not have it tied to a bank account, or if the bank account is closed.... your out of luck. hope that makes it more clear.

The seller gets a 50.00 penalty for a charge back if on a CC, even if it was not their fault. As for pay pal, never I repeat never do a pay pal as a gift to scam the service charges, that when you have no right to the money back... it was a gift...Duh.... If you make a claim through pay-pal, they will let you only make one claim per year, if the money has be removed for the persons account and that person does not have it tied to a bank account, or if the bank account is closed.... your out of luck. hope that makes it more clear.

I think one problem with PayPal is that even if you make a payment (not gift), they only allow 45 days to open a dispute whereas cc companies generally allow 90 days. So if you find out you got scammed after 45 days, your only choice is to call cc company. But...it sounds like if you do that, PayPal will send you to collections...

45 days may seem like a LONG time, but when doing a group buy or a private purchase off a forum, I've found those transactions can sometimes take longer than 45 days.

Basically, my situation is. I bought something. Wasn't as advertised. Seller was going to fix it, but wanted to charge me double to replace it...soo I initiated a chargeback.

And agree. I don't do gifts. I got screw too many time on RC to do anything as gifts.

Back